Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

The 'WOJ'

A friend recommended Amy Wadge to me a few weeks back when her sophomore cd was being released. Seeing as they had scored a blinder with recommending The Feeling to me, I thought i would take a chance (abbaesque) and check her out.



She has an amazingly strong voice and a gift for writing heartfelt relatable lyrics. Highlights on her second album No Sudden Moves include having a go at someone who's not stayed in touch on Fairweather Friend and a gorgeous cover of Manic Street Preacher's A Design For Life which becomes a powerful vocal track set solely to piano. With singer songwriters very much in vogue right now, it can't be long before the big time beckons...

MP3: A Design For Life

2 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    The jury is out on this one. I can't decide - I think I like the idea more than the execution. Or maybe I like the arrangement more than the VOX. Or maybe I like bananas more than blueberries.
    Paul said...
    bananas more than blueberries?? are you insane man?? ;) Still i love a nice piano cover. Its no Smells Like Teen Spirit by Tori tho...

Post a Comment