Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

This post over at XO's little home got me a little bit worried about my 2nd fave new act of the year, The Upper Room, who haven't updated their website since their debut album peaked at number 50 back in May...


Luckily, the record company haven't abandoned the boys and they are currently filming the video for the next single Never Come Back which is hopefully out on August 21st - the day after I will have seen them live at the V Festival...

MP3: Never Come Back (right click)

I have to say I was rooting for the elegant and gorgeous Portrait as the next single, which I think is almost a summation of the themes on their album about small town life, love and loss ~ the lyrics sing of how a seemingly perfect existence can actually be utterly stifling and demoralising... check out this totally heartbreaking acoustic version

MP3: Portrait acoustic (right click)

4 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    I could like The Upper Room based on this song.
    Paul said...
    and so you should - they are so much more than a gin blossoms rip off my californian friend...
    xolondon said...
    I LOVE them. Snow Patrol rips off Gin Blossoms. TUR is pure Lilac Time goodness.
    Paul said...
    they are pretty mighty. Their music delights me yet breaks my heart at the same time. its a weird emotion to be feeling...

    so glad you back XO!

Post a Comment