Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

After the V was over...

Well I have recovered from my Girls Aloud ending, V festival high and am ready to get back into the swing of things - at least until I pop off to Sitges for a week on Saturday...


Despite me slamming the boringness of Keane live, I do quite like their Crystal Ball single that is currently doing "the rounds!" Along with Somewhere Only We Know and Everybodys Changing, it was one of the highlights of their hour long set...Check out yesterdays post for an acoustic version of the single, and below for two perfectly nice b-sides...

MP3: Keane - Maybe I Can Change
MP3: Keane - Under The Iron Sea (magic shop version)

That will probably leap up the chart to number 8 or 9 this week, when really this song by The Upper Room (which was meant to be released today) should be charting at number 8 or 9. Tragically, there is no justice in the world so it won't. I have been sad for the Upper Room ever since i read this, but am encouraged by foxy new haircuts, good new tunes (Bad news) and a cover that I now remember to be U2's I Will follow in their live set...

MP3: The Upper Room - Never Come Back

Don't forget that the should be famous by now, but not Protocol are posting free mp3s on their website each week. This weeks is a simply lovely acoustic version of Those Things I Do. I like that they are branching out their style somewhat :)

MP3: Protocol - Those Things I Do (acoustic)

Hot Links:

If you fancy chancing the line up, you can already get tickets for the 2007 V festival at 2006 prices. bargain!

The equally as marvelous as The Rejection, Give Me Danger by Dangerous Muse is now on iTunes for you to purchase. And you can stream the tracks at friend of the stars Arjanwrites here or watch the Rejection video which i love in all its cheesy sexiness here...

Kylie adds to her showgirl tour dates - don't overdo it though love :)

Keane explain why they have cancelled their US shows, the pilled up sauce hounds...

Is this a demo for the new Sophie Ellis Bextor single? Its cathy dennis penned (expect huge post on her one day) and i think this is cathy singing... any info gratefully received...

MP3: SEB (?) - Catch you

Yay! 2005 obsession of mine, Magic Numbers have a new single out in November called Take A Chance

Thanks to fab blog Poppostergirl, I have recently discovered and become addicted to Five for Fighting (who i shockingly never heard of before) and their song The Riddle. Is that so wrong?

Come back tomorrow for some new artists and a cool keane remix...

8 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    The U2 cover is or was on Youtube from another festival. Am excited for the new Keane tracks. Poor pudgysweet drugaddled Tom.

    Where IS La Bex? I keep expecting a bit of news ANY DAY. I am pretty sure she cowrote with Dan GS Feeling.
    xolondon said...
    ANOTHER vacation with no posts!? Le sigh...
    Anonymous said...
    Have A wicked holiday Paul !! Love to Darren too, I'm looking forward to hearing all about V from "Ruthless" next week ;)
    Love the picture of ruthless outside the stall "Lou Lou" how very class :)
    See you soon, have loads of fun !!
    Lou x x x x
    Anonymous said...
    while you were galavanting at v I was over in Holland at lowlands..

    the magic numbers played their new single, and I can confirm it is amazing,

    ta-dah!
    Poster Girl said...
    How did I not realize that the new Dangerous Muse EP is on iTunes now? Off to buy, thanks!
    Paul said...
    yay - i am excited for the return of the numbers. I am sure a couple of them have slimmed down a bit :) They finish their shows with this amazing cover version - any one any idea what it is??
    Anonymous said...
    I can't download Keane songs,why?:-(
    Anonymous said...
    oh,now I can thx

Post a Comment