Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Is it a sin?

Yes, i know i'm off to chitty chitty tonight, but i've been sitting on this track for days and as i did such a couple of long posts in a row, i thought i'd fire off a shorty!

In 2004, smooth dance act Deepest Blue released a surprisingly great album which included the hypnotic Is It A Sin. Now there was a song i absolutely adored. So i am rather delighted that front man Joel Edwards has gone solo and can still deliver an uplifting pop anthem. I'm not sure whether this is his debut single or not, but who cares when his unique voice is wrapping itself round the catchy chorus like this... If anyone has any news about Joel's websites etc, let me know so I can post some links :)

MP3: Joel Edwards - Happen

Plus, 'frapp fans! If you visit Michel's Glamourous World you can find all sorts of goodies from Goldfrapp. And released on iTunes this very day was the studio version of their take on Boys Will Be Boys....they have SO made this tune their own :)

MP3: Goldfrapp - Boys Will be Boys (Studio version)

6 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    I forgot how BAD that Deepest Blue cover was!

    Anyway, you are ON IT today with two songs I wanted.

    (and I was keeping Michel as a secret source!)
    Paul said...
    bad cover but great songs :) I was surprised by how much i liked them :)

    i always like to be ON IT in some way shape or form. I assume you are salivating at the bit for my chitty chitty bang bang post tomorrow ;)

    how secret can michel be? We have seen his home, his office, his best friends car and his taste in topless men!
    D'luv said...
    My one buddy I used to work with loved Deepest Blue.... ah, 2004. They had a song called "Deepest Blue," as well, if I recall correctly. They shoulda been bigger.
    Paul said...
    i always thought Deepest Blue was the worst song they did although within the context of the quality of songs they did, that is still quite good...

    happy to see Joel going solo :) ties in quite nicely with poppostergirls post today on piano based songs...
    xolondon said...
    WATCH YOUR MOUTH re that song, mister sister! It is one of my alltime faves. ;)
    Paul said...
    oops - really? I mean seriously?? really?! maybe i will give it another listen...

Post a Comment