Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

And the power returns...

Hurrah! the power came back on early so DazPants and I were able to stop our non-electric activities and get back to watching the entire series of Prisoner: Cell Block H on bootlegged DVD...particularly brillo as The Freak has just come into it. However it does make me miss the glory that was Sunset Beach. Hmmm...Anyhoo, today's post features a couple of acts who are rumoured to be returning to the charts soon to brighten my world with their quality tuneage...

The Return Of The Boyband:



No, not Upper Street or whatever that "super" boyband are called (although the tv show is hilarious - Lee Latchford Scott Lee is so oblivious!) - no i'm taking it back old school to my first real obsession. Take That. I remember buying the 7" single of Do What U Like in 1991, falling in love with Robbie Williams and thinking that Take That were going to be huge. I still have loyalty to Robbie and now the biggest British boyband of the 90s are back in the studio. It's a logical step after the runaway success of their 30 date reunion tour. Songwriting duties are shared between the four band members and first single (due November) is rumoured to be Patience, which achieves Sgt Pepper-era Beatles sound via the use of a mellatron. You didn't see Boyzone trying that... Hopefully there is still a place in today's pop landscape for the latest grown up boyband...

MP3: Take That - Today I've Lost You

The New Five Alive:



Now that sadly Ryan has left Maroon 5, Adam Levine is probably feeling the pressure more than ever (if i didn't have DazPanic he could feel my pressure anytime!) in getting the follow up to the 4 million selling Songs About Jane ready for release. Written in Rick Rubin's Hollywood mansion, the new disc apparently adds an early 80s vibe to the band's trademark soul inspired pop (thanks to a diet of Prince, Talking Heads and Michael Jackson). Potential first single Wake Up Call is about a guy coming home and finding his woman in bed with another man - so far so Dangerous Muse - and then killing them both. Maroon 5 to go a shade darker? I can't wait...

MP3: Maroon 5 - Pure Imagination
MP3: Maroon 5 - Miss You Love you


Coming soon! Hot new talent! Fashion feature! Some more stuff on The Pipettes! probably some rumblings about Grey's Anatomy.... check back soon!

10 Comments:

  1. PinkieDust said...
    Paul i sent all my thoughts/tidbits/tracks on the Little Mermaid. i feelz sooooooooo sick!
    Paul said...
    thankyou mr dust - i shall look thru it in the morning. are you ill? :(
    xolondon said...
    I didn't realize that was Take That at first. Mark is featuring a 60's haircut! I am happy for them. They seem less annoying than Boyzone.

    Is Maroon 5 now called Maroon 4 since they lost someone?!
    Poster Girl said...
    One big catch-up comment:

    I'll be interested to hear the new Take That album, although I think I'll have to do some catching up on my Take That history before it comes out, since I've somehow only ever heard Nobody Else. The Maroon 5 song is sort of creepy in parts, but the movie is creepy in parts, too, so I guess it fits; can't wait for something new, though--all this mentioning of a darker, harder sound has me really curious. I've only ever heard Good Charlotte's singles, but that song is not what I expected from them--I like it, though!
    Paul said...
    Take That are so much less annoying than Boyzone (although no matter what may have been the cheesiest thing in history i actually liked it. A lot. Le shame) They have some really great tunes so i look forward to their new stuff cos they know how to write effortless pop. PPG - i recommend Back For Good, Pray, Could It Be Magic - i will email you some later today :)

    XO - Maroon will stay 5 as they have recruited someone new already. Poor ryans drum stool isn't even cold yet!


    I really like the Good Charlotte song - its aggressive and thrusting and sometimes that is what you need in the world!

    Will Young tonight! YAY!
    PinkieDust said...
    Enjoy your willy tonight! Yes pinkie is blue today. I got stuff coming out of my throat and nose that need identification with Mulder & Scully.

    I'm reading Air BabyLon to comfort my vulnerable sense of utter shitness I iz feelin' at the moment. Air BabyLon is the sequel to Hotel Babylon which was recently made into a crap TV show featuring that Tasmin OGHOGODvich.
    Paul said...
    thanks Pinkie - yes i will be kicking it big willie style tonight and will soon respond to your amazing little mermaid email :) Sorry you are feeling blue :( Have some lemsip...
    PinkieDust said...
    Enjoy it! I hate lemsip. As for the Little Mermaid post...there are a few grammatical errors in it(i wrote it under the influence of lemsip so...).
    PinkieDust said...
    So it might need small edit on it :)
    D'luv said...
    Pinkie, I'll clear out your throat.

    Paul, "Could It Be Magic" is total shimmer! How were none of those boys gay?

Post a Comment