Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

A Zapping Family Day Out

.
Well here are some shots of my day out with my lovely parents - mama and papa Zapping. Not ones to shy away from being overstimulated at outings, it was quite an eventful but ultimately smashing day. Here are some highlights...

.
~ Above is my mother flirting outrageously with some random (and smelly) busker and trying to convince him to let her duet with him on Hey Jude...
~ Outside the bullring shopping centre in town is a giant brass bull. My dad meanly tried to convince my mom to kiss it for a photo. Luckily sanity prevailed and she didn't - it was vair vair nippy noodles out and i was convinced her lips would stick to it...
~ My mom not knowing the meaning of subtle loudly saying "crikey look at that womans brown hat - it looks like a fox up and died on her head". Cue filthy look from wealthy animal murderer...
.
~ My parents were stunned by the wonder of Starbucks and above you can see my mom very inappropriately flirting with my dad by seductively drinking her hot chocolate. 3 seconds after the pic was taken she laughed and sprayed cream all over him...
~ My mom asked at the movies at the ticket counter if she could " have 3 tickets for the flicks please". Cue blank stare from 16 year old behind counter...
~ Being at the pics for the quite good James Bond made my parents a bit frisky and they were holding hands and snuggling. I remain mentally scarred.
~ My mom and dad arguing after the film when my mom declared the new Bond sexy. When my dad sniffed at this, mom loudly proclaimed "well Paul would bum him...!!!" :O :O :O Mental scarring continues...

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    haha :D your mum sounds ace
    Nick said...
    I miss the Bullring! And the lovely brass bull. Birmingham used to be my haven this spring when I got off work in Wolverhampton.
    Paul said...
    James - she's not too shabby ;) My dad is a saint for putting up with her for 44 years :)

    Nick - i forgot you knew my part of town. What a pity we didn't know each other back then :(
    D'luv said...
    OMG! Is your mum/mom available for parties? She sounds like a hoot! I introduced my folks to Starbucks on one of their annual visits to L.A. about 5 years ago, and now they're addicts.

    You look like your pop!
    Paul said...
    my dad thought it was very funny that you thought i looked like him. He said i'll be bald and spreading in no time :( BOO! My mom is available for parties/bar mitzvahs/wedding receptions/pole dancing - all at very reasonable rates :)
    Dan said...
    What a great entry, Paul! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

    Dan
    Anonymous said...
    I keep rereading this because it makes me smile. I love your parents!

    Heidi (Dan C's wife)
    Paul said...
    aw dan and heidi - am glad you have enjoyed it. actually my parents are pretty ok aren't they :)
    Anonymous said...
    Your mum sounds great. And she's right about the new Bond :) (just a little boring note - Daniel Craig's mum was my art teacher at school lol)

Post a Comment