Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Michelle Branch - she's hardly set the world of pop alight has she? Her first album was full of twee little tunes and of course Goodbye featured so prominently in the marvelous Buffy The Vampire Slayer that i was predisposed to love it! But her second album kinda struck a chord with me. Til I Get Over You is possibly one of the prettiest songs of recent times and Breathe was quite lovely also. But since then nada, until of course I realised she was part of The Wreckers that keep popping up in One Tree Hill. And she is clearly taking this direction of her musical career seriously (Look folks, I'm diverse) as now they are releasing an album on April 11th! Gosh!! But I liked Hotel Paper so much that I will be definitely giving it a whirl. First single (live version presented here) on aol right now is Leave The Pieces and is a catchy little ditty that will have teenage girls everywhere reaching for their notebooks. Dear Diary.... why doesn't Bobby know I'm alive???

MP3: The Wreckers ~ Leave The Pieces
MP3: Michelle Branch ~ Til I Get Over You

Coming soon: The Pigeon Detectives! The Storys! The Young Knives! Some more pop gems! And news of (be still my beating panteloons) of the new Keane album!!!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Stand Still, Look Pretty by The Wreckers is one of my favourite albums.

Post a Comment