Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Cock Rock Is The New Pop

What with pop music going down the pan "thanks" to the advent of James Blunt and D-Po (how Rachel Stevens wasn't number one for a month with her song about botty love I Said Never Again... is beyond me. Crazy!), it's time for the new pop to step forward. Oh I will always love a bit of cheesy danceable fun catchy pop and it will always be around, but for now i declare Cock Rock is the new pop! Its all the tunes inspired by the big haired Whitesnake/Europe style *craft* of the 70s and 80s, but given an emminently catchy, singalong hook. Here are a few of my favourites. I absolutely adore the first two and are my 2 big first finds of 2006, the third I just read about in Rolling Stone but now can't stop humming...


(how sweaty does the Dan look in this pic??!)

MP3: The Feeling - Strange


MP3: Mohair - Life

MP3: Mohair - Stranded


MP3: Rock Kills Kid - Hide Away (sadly not a cover of the 90s dance classic!)

Well, gang thats it. My 60th post and the last for a couple a weeks as am off to GranCan! Thanks for the emails with inspirational pics and tunes :) Be sure to check back soon and leave me messages while i'm gone... I'll leave you with the brand new Ordinary Boys vs Lady Sovereign single which is just insanely catchy!


MP3: Ordinary Boys vs Lady Sovereign - 9 to 5

5 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Okay. We're basically a day into your vacation. And. I. cannot. breate. How will we survive...

    expect littered dead bodies upon your return. the end of pop, whatnot.
    Paul said...
    greetings from gran canaria bitches !! Don´t fear mes petits I shall soon return from sunning myself with some corking new blogs plus a diary of my holiday.

    Hello jan! I think the feeling may be my fave new band of 2006 - i saw them live in march and will see them again at V later in the summer and i can´t wait...
    xolondon said...
    Okay, probably less than a week left...Musssst. hollld. onnnnn...

    I mean really, what did I DO before Zappin and Chartrigger and OC, etc.?
    Paul said...
    God knows young man but i´m sure it was all filthy gorgeous stuff...
    xolondon said...
    4/24: Aincha bored yet on dat dere beach?

Post a Comment