Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Filthy/Gorgeous






















Well, I had to post some good news after the disasterous day I am having. More on that later... those lovely sisters of scissor and those boys of the pet shop are both playing at the Bestival festival on the Isle of Wight on Sept 10th... Already I love that concert's name :) Its pretty limited in size and tickets are selling out fast, so i'd better get my skates on. I could do with a weekend away, even though I'll have only been back from Bulgaria a few days. Oh well...


When i impulsively went for a fake spray on tan this morning, i imagined i would be all bronzed and stunning ready for 2 weeks in GranCan... i've not had good luck with tans in the past. I could never do sun beds when I was younger cos they always reminded me of coffins (and Final Destination 3 has totally put me off) and i would get in, panic, hyperventillate and wake up dead. Oh sure i'd be tanned but what's the point if you are not breathing. So when I was taking my GCSE exams i decided i would try a rub on tan. I followed the instructions to the letter and was sitting in my room naked waiting to dry, when the mormon missionaries knocked on the door and as my mom wasn't back from the store with their dinner i had to cover up quick and answer it. After chatting to them for a while (well they were good looking!) i had dinner and then fell asleep on my bed. I awoke about 20 minutes later than I should the next morning and wondered why my pillow was so orange stained. I hadn't showered the stuff off as instructed and now i was a whiter shade of bright bright orange :( And i had to go and sit my English Literature exam. Le shame... and this spray on today ain't much better. My legs are patchy, my face streaky and my hands are as dark orange as can be! Is mortifying. Have completely failed in attempt to become stunning englishman abroad :( Merde!! Good thing I've already got a fella, who is almost as orange as me ;)

And to leave off with - a track called Is It Any Wonder that is actually quite good :)

MP3: Sophie Ellis Bextor - Is It Any Wonder?

So hows your easter break???

5 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    Yikes. Glad that although of mostly Irish decent, the Czech in me keeps me tan year round.
    Paul said...
    lucky sod. its got darker as the day has gone on. stupid spray tan. hate life world everyone. ooo just heard new ordinary boys single. life good again :) when you're orange. I so relate to Elphaba
    xolondon said...
    It isn't easy bein' orange...

    I did the Mystic Tan (spray on) and it made me feel savage (a la Bain de soleil), but I was still lighter than most redheads! You have to be VERY careful with hands, feet and hairline.

    Am going to dl the Infernal now. JUST got my Lorrain singles in the mail (awwww nice art!) and the My Architects CD for the indie in me (ooh ah!)
    Paul said...
    the lorraine single cover is pretty just like one of the band :) My tan has evened out a bit over night but my legs are a freaking eye sore of brown blotches :(
    Paul said...
    i think i have resigned myself to being pale also Jan! The sun is not kissing my body here in gran canaria... luckily my boyfriend is so its all good ! Stay tuned for tales of the holiday including squashed cockroaches, madonna related eye injuries and scary german men taking a fancy to me - with the chunkiest legs i´ve ever seen....

Post a Comment