Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Monday 17th April...

Could not get up today after boozy night out and then had a corking headache in the afternoon so had to shut self in darkened room for hours. Shockingly was well enough for more booze at Cafe La Belle later that evening ;) Saw Fran - one of the dancers there who we have known for ages. Happy to see him - not happy to be dragged on stage by him mid show and have my top taken off (so much gut sucking) & thrown into the audience (the top not me!) Then was forced to chug a bottle of shite tasting champers. Booo! Clearly I am not good at drinking with my mouth open as I spunked most of it down my chest (vile) before being given the bottle to finish off :( The crowd were cheering but i thought i was going to die! I had to run to the bathroom afterwards and then felt terrible. Well for about an hour I was extremely witty and urbane and flirty with darren, but after that felt terrible :( Still look quite slim in these blurred pics!




Tuesday 18th April...



Took a leisurely walk along the beach today which was perfectly lovely until we realised it was actually quite cloudy, not very warm and actually pretty bloody windy! We decided to abandon our beach plans and took a "short" cut through the sand dunes back to the bungalow. Windy samd dunes are a freaking nightmare to navigate and some were pretty steep. I had this brief feeling that we would be marooned there forever like some sad extras from Ishtar hoping that the film was going to be their big break. AHEM! Still clearly made it back, although seeing Darren hurtle down a dune at breakneck speed was pretty amusing. For me :)


Typically as soon as we got back, the clouds cleared and glorious weather prevailed. Lovely evening out apart from 2 low points: a way below par chinese meal and finding a cockroach in my bed. I screamed like a little bitch. MAJOR SHUDDER!

Wednesday 19th April...



Had another great evening at Center Stage - we planned to start the evening off there before moving on, but darn it if we didn't open that place up and then close it down... I had far too many malibu and pineapple drinks (how butch) and spent all night singing my heart out, flirting outrageously with sexy darren, gossiping with barman betty and chatting to a wide range of people including singletons, prussians and a rather large german geezer with v chunky legs who liked me a little too much :O I have got to stop being so darned attractive. Oh and also talked to acouple of rent boys! I just adore a communal atmosphere ;) You can't fail to have a good time. We are so buying the bar if it ever comes up for sale...

Thursday 20th April...


Both felt totally blah today - probably combined effect of too much booze and really trying to like the new Keane single. Is it any wonder that we were both too drained to do much? See what i did there???

2 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    Gosh, this is like word-for-word our trip three years ago! Sorry to hear Daz has to have surgery :( tomorrow. Best wishes to both of you, and good thoughts :)
    Paul said...
    thanks for the good wishes - i am dreading the surgery more than he is! Every time i think about it i get a little tear and then have to pretend i am having contact lens problems :( Sniff! Still - sure it will be funkydory...

Post a Comment