Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Kylie Unlikely...

I remember when I was in the first flush of youth (1988) rushing out to buy I Should Be So Lucky by Ms Minogue. Oh of course back then she had horrible style and a poodle perm but didn't we all? I was convinced it would go in the charts at number one. It entered at something like 87. I was devastated. In todays market, Kylie would never have got a second chance but she promoted the poop out of that track and the rest is history...

Flash forward nearly 20 years and Kylie is now a cultural icon. She has mastered the art of the perfect pop song (or at least choosing it), she is almost as chameleon as Madonna and her Showgirl concert is the best concert I have ever been too. Like everyone else, i have nervously been following her recovery and hope she feels better soon.

So its not like i'm going to be posting anything new and unique here. its kylie unlikely that you will stumble across these tracks and go *ooo how magic!* But unreleased Kylie just shows how good Kylie is and digging out these tracks today has made me eager for her full recovery and a new cd...

Unreleased (Body Language era)
MP3: I'm Just Here For The Music
MP3: My Image Unlimited

Demo (Scissor Sisters era)
MP3: I Know

Bonus!
MP3: Better The Devil You Know (w/ Adam Garcia from an Audience With Kylie)

(BTDYK is my favourite Kylie track and I love this slightly jazzy/20's dance hall version from the ITV1 special in 2001)

5 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    This will sound odd, but I literally DID have a poodle perm in 1992. Extra odd because I have naturally curly hair! It was NOT. Good.

    Kylie is a goddess and much loved because she is (or seems to be) both talented and a sweet'eart, the latter of which we would not ascribe to the Lady Richie. Really though, I think there is a mass level of real affection for her that is very rare. People feel they know her and are protective of her.

    I saw that Showgirl DVD and wondered if there was a big jizzathon when she sat on the moon in the pretty dress and sang her heart out. Thanks for the BTDYK version. I had the rest (you can guess!) but NOT that one!
    Paul said...
    I figured people might not have the Audience with Kylie ones - i will try to post more then (along with more Alexis) as they currently seem to be quite popular.

    I will have to post the review I did of the Kylie concert for another forum. Basically every gay in the place made a cream pie in their pants when she came down from the moon ;) And there was also a lot of attention paid to the male backing dancers. When they were in the showers? HUGE CHEERS! When the girls were flashing from behind the hearts? Tumbleweed time...
    xolondon said...
    I love the version of "Hand To YOur Heart" (is that it?) from the Showgirl DVD - I have that and the "Spinning Around" which has some new bits at the end.
    Paul said...
    Joshua! Good to see you back - or were you here all the time and just hiding?! I will definitely post more Kylie at some point... maybe some mp3s from showgirl too...
    Anonymous said...
    Hey... great site!

    Scissor sister to Doctor Who. Quality!

    Any idea where i can get downloads of "My image unlimited" and "Im just here for the music"

    Desperate to get them, heard them on u tube and inspired to find them

Post a Comment