Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

I love Mondays - i get lots of new music to sample and have decided to share some here. Make the most of me peeps as I will be off to gran canaria on saturday for two weeks of sun sand sea and super yummy White Russians. First up, Shayne Ward...


Aah it was all very easy to get sucked into the Shayne Ward fever when i was completely addicted to X Factor for the latter part of last year... it was easy to overlook how formulaic That's My Goal was when released cos, well he's a bit of a looker and its easy to forgive dross when the singer is in a tank top all shaved and muscley. But i fear little Shayney is being turned into a one man Westlife and his new single is not impressing me. He needs to carve out his own niche a la William of Young or it will be Steve Brooksteinsville for him. I do hope he does well as he seems quite a lovely bloke :) Having said all that his version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow still gives me chills...

MP3: Shayne Ward - Somewhere Over The Rainbow


Lorraine are fast winning a place in my heart with their esoteric pop tunes and lilting melodies. I Feel It was flying off the shelves today. Apparently pregnant teenage girls and aging gays love it so its bound to be huger than huge... I'm loving the songs i've heard of theirs enough to be quite excited about their pending chart success here and am looking forward to an album of tunes to chill out with. Italian Girlfriend seems an ideal tune to play in a club early morning when you are all disoriented from the sauce and feeling a little confused...

MP3: Lorraine - I Feel It original version
MP3: Lorraine - Italian Girlfriend

Now before we continue with the post pop over to the lovely Oxygen Chunks to download what is potentially Janet Jackson single. Personally I loved Janet from 1989-1993 but this is too JLo/MCa for my liking...

Two quickies now! Shockingly WigWam - the new BettyBoo project didn't even chart this week. Probably because well its a little bit pants really isn't it? But the club version by cagedbaby rocks the big one, even if it doesn't top I Can't Dance To That Music You're Playing :(

MP3: WigWam - WigWam cagedbaby mix

And Hard-Fi have the 356th single from their debut album out this week. I have always preferred it when they acousticize (new word!) their hits up. There is a new track on Better Do Better called Polish Love Song which showcases Richard at his melancholy best. If you have heard their thrusting breakneck singles, try these more relaxed versions - its totally worth your while ;)

MP3: Hard-Fi - Polish Love Song
MP3: Hard-Fi - Tied Up Too Tight acoustic
MP3: Hard-Fi - Hard To Beat acoustic

Will be back before i am sunning myself with a live lounge post and something to tide you over while I'm away :) Hope your Monday is going aces...

7 Comments:

  1. Will said...
    2 weeks in Gran Canaria - some people have all the luck! Love the Wigwam remix.
    xolondon said...
    Wait you are going away for TWO WEEKS? Gran Canaria? That is so Charl&Gav. (I Mean that mnicely).

    Thanks for the Lorraine B. Have you heard songs from their first CD? I don't like the one I heard, but maybe there is something else good.

    My friend tells me I MUST listen to Hard Fi's Move On Now. Says it reeks of me, so I am getting that song now.
    D'luv said...
    I did a week in Gran Canaria three years ago. Have fun at the Yumbo Center!
    Paul said...
    i <3 the Yumbo! La Belle :) Center Stage :) all the cheesy euro pop dance bars :) But for some reason i can't walk past the bear bars without attracting a lot of unwanted attention. bears love me. Yeeshk! PS - glad you made it outta texas ok ;)

    I haven't heard Lorraine's first cd, and haven't even been tempted to download it from iTunes. I will imagine that Lorraine and IFI is brand new and marvy. Will have to check out that Hard-Fi track when i get home.
    xolondon said...
    PS: I listened to that Janet song and pressed delete after like 20 secs.
    D'luv said...
    It's all about Bar Tubos. Hot. It's the video bar that plays stuff that's soooo old, i.e., "New York City Boy"/PSBs, "Relight My Fire"/Take That and "Your Disco Needs You"/Kylie....
    Paul said...
    Yes! I couldn't remember the name of it. Usually i am too drunk to focus when I get up there. They still play Your Disco but now mix in some Infernal and September...

    Plus folks! Lorraine are only due to go in at number 32 this week. Shut UP! Shayne is denied a second number one (he'll have to get used to that) and HardFi are at 7. And yes i had to turn Janet off too. Ugh

Post a Comment