Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

yes, yes, most people surf youtube now but i decided to kick it old school sty-lee and see what people were up to in the world of myspace - the internet revolution of last year that is now so three months ago. First up...


Aah young Snedders. He taught us all to stop living the lie, then promptly disappeared :( And he had the least pop star name ever leading to a *friend* telling me one day "You are about as street as David Sneddon". Which I assume wasn't a compliment. There are a couple of new songs on his myspace site - neither particularly outstanding but Lady Lullaby is pretty enough. Still, its no Best of Order which as my good buddy Richard would say, is one hard rocking amigo... and all this talk of ex fame academy members made me wonder (albeit briefly) where my other faves had disappeared too...


... then I got an email from a friend of mine, Simon, who had been at the opening night of Movin' Out on the West End where 2nd season runner up James Fox had been the piano man. A role he had on broadway too. So i guess he's doing ok for himself :) Ps ~ Simon got to hobnob with some Dancing On Ice stars Bonnie Langford and his heartthrob Stefan Booth so he was most delighted about that. Unfortunately, I got confused and told everyone he liked Stefan Dennis and had seen Bonnie Tyler, which is almost as exciting but not really :(


And of course, thinking of James Fox (the Y is silent!) made me think of his bumboy Alistair Griffin. I'm telling ya, those two were inseparable on Fame Academy. Young Al has grown his locks and is gigging around some remote part of England. Ironic then that he has the best quality photo of the three ex-famers. Love the way all of them are performing in their photos. Don't forget! They are serious artists. Ok, back to myspace...


I love Click Five. They are not trendy or cool or hip or even wildly successful, but i really like their debut album. You can hear their latest single Say Goodbye on their myspace site along with the brillo Catch Your Wave and Just A Girl. Sadly, the genius pop princess isn't on their, but if you go to their regular homepage you can download it for free. You can't get it cheaper anywhere else. Now is it just me or does the blonde guy in the middle look like he's auditioning to replace Carson Kressley on Queer Eye?? Look at that pout...


Sweet Lizzie Maguire! McFly have gone American. Check out their amped up version of Five Colours In Her Hair on the myspace page. Its lost all the sweet exuberance of youth that made it so appealing in the first place. This is what happens when you hang with ho's like L-Lo. Plus - and don't laugh - they cite their influences as Green Day!! Oh McFly. What happened to you??


I was shocked to discover that Mohair have been around for years. I've been telling everyone i'd discovered this great new band. Its time to stop living that lie. You can listen to their Coldplay-esque new single (but with more balls, not pussywhipped by Gwynnie Coldplay) Life on myspace, but be sure to check out End Of The Line which has a great horn section in it that -seriously - reminds me of the horn section in Should've Been The One by little Debbie Gibson!! I just won a promo copy of their forthcoming album fo £4 on ebay so i doubt they will be huge anytime soon. But for now I am loving...


And! Finally! How brilliant was last night's television? At 8 we had the effervescent Sarah Beeny (who i have a non sexual crush on) presenting Streets Ahead, which is kinda like Extreme Makeover except she gets a whole Street to do up the front of their chavvy houses and of course someone wants to keep the pebbledash stone cladding that is bringing down the neighbourhood. The Beeny has the patience of a saint... Then at 9 it was a docusoap about school kids being taught 1950s style. I love the way the girls cried CRAMPS to get out of physed. Nothing changes. But the genius was at 10 - when failed boybanders (think Fast Food Rockers and Scooch) dragged it up in the first part of a six week show in an effort to become the next Girls Aloud. This show is amazing. But not as amazing as the behind the scene docu on the actual Girls Aloud. I swear Nicola smiled. Moody bitch.

3 Comments:

  1. Paul said...
    I don't know if anyone watched the Boys Will Be Girls show but it was car crash television at its very finest. I am a bit of a softie so I felt really bad for the ex pop stars feeling they were getting another shot at fame only to be told they had to be women! Tootsie ain't gonna be the best career move for them. Sam - ex all*stars - had a lucky escape!! But the one from fast food rockers is well girly anyhoo.

    and the girls aloud doc. Swearing. Farting (how uncouth). Boozing. I might love them even more. And Whole Lotta History just keeps and keeps growing on me... it may be battling for my 3rd fave girls aloud song ever...
    Anonymous said...
    Oh no! You got me all excited after reading about the Click Five (I was really impressed by their debut album and they were great in concert), a band which, as you say, are relatively unknown. I hadn't heard about their next single--I'm not sure I agree with the choice, but I'm glad they are still releasing singles.

    However...

    the following info destroyed a lot of that happiness. What have McFly done to Five Colours? Please bring back the cheesy-but-happy-and-summery McFly of the past! Could hear the Green Day on their last album, though. I fear an "America or Busted" replay in which McFly fail to break the US and then not too much later break up; hope not.

    Still, thanks for the post--always really informational!
    Paul said...
    Hi Katie :) Yeah - am kinda upset by Mcflys choice of remake for the american audience, so fingers crossed they won't do a busted. And is it just me or is Son of Dork just Busted v2.0?? I like their new one We're Not Alone but the rest are pretty bleh...

    Click Five have a cute new track on the Shaggy Dog soundtrack called man's best friend you may want to check out :)

Post a Comment