Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

100th Post


I wanted to draw attention to something a bit different for my 100th post. Yesterday while i was reading the paper, I saw an article about this guy Matthew Sinclair who has a rare form of Leukemia.


The article itself was an inspiring read, but Matthew also keeps a blog of his life and progress with his illness that I spent a while reading this morning. As someone who has had experience with a similar illness in the past, I can tell that Matthew is handling things with grace and optimism. The pics of his wedding day will bring a smile to the most hard of hearts. So please check out his blog regularly and spare a thought for the many people and their families across the world who are struggling with leukemia or cancer...

4 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Shouldn't there be a cake in your honor (scuse me, honour)!? With a big 100 on it?

    I looked at his blog and thought it was bittersweet that he had to go to hospital during his honeymoon for a hurt ankle! I started to read from the beginning and now I have stopped, having had enough reasons to freak out for one day. :)
    D'luv said...
    I think we really lead similar lives, Paul. While I was back home, my friend Becky (who's a nursing student) and I had a long discussion about how everyone seems to know someone who's struggling with cancer.

    I look forward to checking out Matthews blog after work this evening.
    Paul said...
    i think i did deserve a cake XO!! :) Its not to late to send me one ;)

    I think its so sad that so many people's lives have been touched by cancer, and sometimes it ends so sadly, but there are also a lot of inspirational stories out there and I thought Matthew embodied that :) We do lead spookily similar lives....
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Paul... Search in web i found your blog!! i'm a debbie gibson's fan of south america (Chile)!! Sorry my english i s very basic... if i want to answer if you have the song "this-so called miracle" (edit version) and you can put this song in your blog for download... i'm really very happy because i can't find this song!!
    my mail is gabofronterizo@hotmail.com i use MSN and i have Very much things of Deb if i can send for you... thanks a Friend of Chile.
    Gabo

Post a Comment