Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Feeling uninspired today so thought i would do a dead quick post about some new tunes to my Archos...

MP3: The Rumble Strips - Hate Me You Do

I previously wrote about the Rumble Strips glorious single Motorcycle here - this new track has to be their finest moment yet. Self loathing never sounded so glorious. I am loving their white soul...

Video: Click here for Black and White and here for All Over This Town by the Upper Room (scroll down a bit on myspace for the vids!)

The Black and White video is a prequel to the All Over This Town video (in which the girl gets dropped off by the police at the start). The band are witnesses in both videos and singer Alex narrates. Rumour has it that there will be a third part to her story.... this band continue to delight me :)

MP3: Alesha Dixon - Superficial

There wasn't a day in August 2003 when i didn't listen to Misteeq's Can't Get It Back. I was like a man obsessed. I find this quite strange yet raucous and according to NME its good for booty shakers and chin scratchers alike. Sorted then!

Video: Atlantic by Keane

Have i rushed to judgement in my dislike of Keane. NME, Q and arjanwrites all think the new single Is It Any Wonder is a slice of marvelosity. Yet i can't connect to that or this track in the video. And after tuning into their podcast, I will reserve judgement til the new album is out. True story about this video from the mouth of director Irving Walsh:

"During the shoot i saw a girl with a poodle coming on to the beach when we were trying to shoot a scene in the cold water. I shouted 'get that fuckin' dozzy hoor and her scabby dug off the fuckin' beach!' It transpired the lady was Tom from Keane's girlfriend and he was standing beside me"

Genius!!

3 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Have you heard any of the new Terri Walker CD? (I don't know how I am segueing to this...)
    D'luv said...
    That could say more about NME, Q, et. all than any rush to judgement
    Paul said...
    j'ason - you could be right. I listened to IIAW today with a really open mind and then listened to Everybody's Changing and the new single is just wank. And not in the good way...

    xo - not yet, but nice segue ;) As soon as i do you will be the first to know. I love her cover of Crazy...

Post a Comment