Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Baby Spice



Monday 15th May in England (land of hope and glory) spawned 2 things that lay claim to be the next generation of Spice...

First up, Geri 'Pregnant longer than Katie Holmes' Halliwell finally opened her legs a la Bag it Up at the Brits 2000 and popped out a little girl. Cue she now has her own baby spice jokes.... Despite being at odds with overwhelming public opinion, I have always liked the Spice formerly known as Ginger and can only hope she learns from the multitude of new mom mistakes made by Britney Spears Alexander Federline. Or Lynette Scarvo.

MP3: I Give Up On Love

Secondly, i just don't know where to begin telling you how bad the album by Mrs Robinson - the latest girl band to claim to be the new Spice Girls is... yes, i admit i bought the album on a total whim as it was attractively priced, despite the fact that they look like blokes from that dodgy channel 4 show on the cover. The production values are poor, none of the songs are particularly inventive or catchy and it just pales in comparison to even the worst Girls Aloud songs (See The Day, I'm talking about you!) Typically, the sweetest track on the cd is also the last one - Faded Heart sounds kinda like Expose's Your Baby Never Looked Good in Blue which i loved. But times moved on since then, and whoever was responsible for this shambles clearly hasn't. Download at your own peril. Shocking!

MP3: Faded Heart

8 Comments:

  1. Will said...
    Shame, I quite liked the snippets on itunes of 'A little Obsessed' and I'm a Career Girl' :-(
    Robpop said...
    er..... I BEG TO DIFFER!!! FADED HEART IS THE WORST TRACK ON THE ALBUM!!!!!! The Mrs.Robinson album was reviewed LAST MONTH ago at DontStopThePop so see an alternative view of it there! http://dontstopthepop.blogspot.com/2006/04/mrs-robinson-obsession-first-album.html

    Zapping has got it wrong on this one me thinks..
    Paul said...
    well you say potato i say potarto. Or something like that - i guess i was expecting a lot more and hey i've always been a sucker for a cheesy waferthin ballad ;) I'm sure lots of people will love this album, but its not for me :(
    xolondon said...
    I will listen to the cheesy song b/c I like "See The Day" but I am not hoping for much.

    Taste is taste - another good blogger rated "We Could Be Heroes" by BWO ABOVE "Minimal" by PSB. Hellowwww?
    Robpop said...
    Sozzy...i'm attached to Mrs.Robinson due to a particular family connection to the band so its rather personal. They can do no wrong as far as im concerned(although i do feel the album is full of tepid ballads one which you actually liked!)

    Alas, i dont think the band gonna go very far but it wont stop me wearing the excellent pink promo t-shirts they are releasing soon.
    Paul said...
    i think in another frame of mind i possibly could have liked the band - but i am in an indie/guitar place right now and only September and BWO are keeping me all things pop :) I'm sure they are lovely girls and i will give the album another chance cos i did spunk £8 on it ;)
    Robpop said...
    awwww great! The album is certainly a grower. I for one was into indie like 6 years ago. now its everywhere so I treasure poptastic music when it comes along as the occurance of such a thing is quite rare.
    orange anubis said...
    that picture of geri has made me feel quite ill! i've linked to it straight away :-)

Post a Comment