Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

randomness

i have a few things i want to highlight which are i can't think of enough to say about to fill a whole blog so i'll mash 'em together here:

Acoustic albums:
Everyone's doing them and they vary in quality from quite good actually (Erasure) to oh dear (KT Tunstall, disappointingly). Ocean Colour Scene have got one out which was recorded at The Jam House in Birmingham which is only round the corner from me and an amazing place to visit if you are ever in St Paul's Square... Now I wasn't overly struck with OCS last cd (Hyperactive...) but the one prior to that (North Atlantic Drift) was a delight. Here is my fave track acoustic style from that...
MP3: OCS-She's Been Writing acoustic

Wistful memories:
Quite randomly i stumbled upon this song from La Cage Aux Folles which is one of those songs about those great times in your life where you are having an amazing time, yet you are quite sad because you know you will never be in that time and place with those people again. It's really hard to make those moments last and it's even harder to see them end. This song (and the Dolly one below it) are to remind you of those times...
MP3: La Cage Aux Folles-The Best of Times
MP3: Dolly Parton-Those Were The Days

Cheer up!
That was a bit melancholy wasn't it! How about a chirpy eurotrash remix of Maria Serneholts debut track??
MP3: Maria Serneholt-That's The Way My Heart Goes

Big Blogger?
I am really tempted to do a big brother 7 blog this year?? Would people read it?? Or are you all big brothered out? Let me know!

7 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Isn't chirpy eurotrash remix redundant for Marie S? I can't get into her because a) there is cheap and b) there is CHEAP. You can guess where Marie falls. :) I say that lovingly...

    I WILL dl this OCS song because you advise me to.
    Paul said...
    i love it when people say it "lovingly" ;) Smirk!

    You will love the OCS song cos there will be trouble if you don't mister!
    D'luv said...
    I actually was given free tickets to see KT Tunstall for a show last night. She was okay. Not really my cup of tea, but live music usually sounds good, regardless. I stayed for about 5 songs (til about 10:30 p.m.), then it was bed time!
    Paul said...
    sometimes i can't remember a time when i was up past 10.30... how shameful. I only semi like KT's album but i do think Other Side Of The World is a thing of beauty...
    Anonymous said...
    If you are thinking of doing it then it means that you want to do it. So random stanger says: go 4 it. It would be horrible to have to start after the show has started and then you have to play catch up with youself, if you wanted to share past thoughts. Okay I think I have over elaborated. Thank You for the remix!!
    Anonymous said...
    Holy crap, I love the Marie Serneholt remix!!! :) Thanks!
    Paul said...
    mikiel - it took me a while to work out what you were talking about but only cos i was drowsy and couldn't remember what i had typed in the actual post! I think i am going to do a BigBlogger7 log of the show. I did one on a forum i was on last year and really enjoyed it. That show gets an opinion from everyone!

    Drake - glad you like the remix. Its about as cheesy as cheesy gets, but i have no musical shame so it gets my toe tapping. Plus my first Holy crap! Yay!

Post a Comment