Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Slice watch day one

So the last time i saw my poor little Darren he was being wheeled into theatre in surgical stockings and those gowns that never do up properly at the back so your jacksy is always a little exposed. And that was about 40 minutes ago... basically he has a disc in his neck that he slipped last year (while i was selfishly on holiday in Florida!) that is pressing on the nerve in his spine and causing him to gradually lose feeling in his left hand as well as ridiculously painful headaches and back spasms. So the docs are going to take part of the disc out by cutting his throat open and solder a bit of his hip back into place. Sounds lovely. They were perfectly cheery about it though!! So while i nervously wait for news it occured to me that six years ago tomorrow I went on my first date with the daz that became panteloons!!



We met online and decided to meet for a date rather than the shag and go world of gay dot com... he was waiting outside Birmingham Hippodrome and I was nervous as heck dripping with sweat in my sleek black jumper that emphasised my then thin tummy :) We went to a bar that was then called Partners (now Glamourous which is where we are having our reception fact fans) and relaxed and got chatting and talking and got on really well. I offered to drive him home but rather mortifyingly had parked in a garage that closed at 10 so my car was locked in over night :O I'm sure darren thought it was a ploy to get him to wander round the back streets looking for a cab!! ;) So we got separate cabs home and didn't decide we were a couple til the saturday (may 6th) when we went to a club and i shouted rather loudly at his friend "Is he ever going to kiss me". 27 minutes later i came up for air and we have been together ever since. Although clearly i made him wait for the nookie part. I wasn't a slut you know ;)

And the song below always reminds me of my relationship with Darren. I know its not cool or trendy to like Deborah Gibson but this song came out in 1995 from the album Think With Your Heart (which along with the drastically different Jagged Little Pill sountracked my year!) and the first time i heard the acapella opening i got chills up my arm and i still do to this day. Its a song about unconditional love and the line "and if angels came down/ i'd say don't you dare/ you know not what you do/ may god take me first/ for better or worse - i love you" gets me everytime. I'm thinking this will be our first dance as *married* couple :) bless...

MP3: deborah gibson - for better or worse

UPDATE! Daz being the little star he is came through the op ok, voicebox and spinal chord in tact :) I can't wait to see my little man tomorrow :) :) :) I'm not ashamed to say i shed a tear when i heard he was all ok! So here is a song he just loved on holiday. How i didn't know this before is beyond me cos now i am high kicking round the apartment to it!!

MP3: copacabana-man wanted

4 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    :*)
    xolondon said...
    Very nice post! I am glad all is well - though the surgery does sound dramatic, doesn't it? He can say they slit his neck - it's great cocktail banter!
    Paul said...
    thats exactly what i said! well almost - its sparkling dinner conversation...better than his *ellen* inspired Seedless watermelons-how do they do it? schtick....
    Paul said...
    Jan - congrats on the ten year anniversary! I think for better or worse is the perfect song to play. Maybe i'll post a demo of another really pretty anniversary/wedding track that i think we will have at our ceremony called Heart and Soul... just gorge...

Post a Comment