Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About


Aaah i love a good musical. What with my Wicked obsession only a couple of months away, cearly the fine folk at Don'tStopThePop thought I could do with something to tide me over and pointed out to me that workshops are taking place for new musical Enchanted... if anyone has ever been to a musical in its infant stages, its quite something and a fascinating process. Unless you're not into musicals, then you would probably be bored rigid! Anyhoo, there are free tickets available to the show in Yorkshire in July so scoot on over to the website to get further details. SCOOT!
Link to free tickets
Link to songs from the musical

AND! i quite like Barenaked Ladies. They do that witty sort of cynical pop thats actually quite good when you're in the right mood. They are bonza live and they wrote possibly the finest christmas tune this side of Fairytale of New York (Elf's Lament)... now they have put 16 multi track recordings on their website of their new single Easy so you can remix it and produce it yourself...It's only available to my north american comrades at the mo, so i encourage you to nip on over, do a quick mix and email the results to thezapping@hotmail.co.uk - i'll post the best/most amusing at a later date :)
Link to multi track download
Link to BNL myspace
MP3: BNL - Elf's Lament

3 Comments:

  1. Robpop said...
    Ah that Enchanted is not the Enchanted I'm talking about! The enchanted I went to see is like a prologue to Wicked. You will love it! This one is about faires, evil Queens, wizards, witches and cute boys! Its only on for 2 weeks(one week left now) I know your a wicked fan so I thought you will love this show

    http://www.enchantedlondon.com/


    http://www.seetickets.com/see/event_calendar.asp?artist=ENCHANTED%20A%20NEW%20MUSICAL&e|venaudit=The%20Courtyard%20Covent%20Garden%2C%20Wellington%20Street&resultsperpage=1000&dateto=30/06/2006&firstdate=16/06/2006&lastdate=02/07/2006&filler1=see&filler2=thisweek&filler3

    I also went to see one of hte preview shows of Avenue Q....much better than american version as the singing is absolutely stunning.
    xolondon said...
    Okay, I was confused earlier. Now I get it!
    Paul said...
    oops i got confused about the wrong musical. Life is seriously so confusing sometimes.., my brain is fuddled. its sure there was some judy at carnegie hall recently?!?!

Post a Comment