Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

I posted this a couple of years back on a fan club forum i still belong too :)

10 ~ Jason Mraz, Curbside Prophet
09 ~ Agnetha Falgstok, My Colouring Book
08 ~ Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand
07 ~ Dashboard Confessional, A Mark...
06 ~ The Killers, Hot Fuss
05 ~ Keane, Hopes and Fears
04 ~ Scissor Sisters, Scissor Sisters
03 ~ Deborah Gibson, Coloured Lights
02 ~ William Young, Friday's Child
01 ~ Maroon 5, Songs About Jane


Hmmm, as i've said before 2004 was a great year for me discovering acts that i didn't just like, but loved which is why there are 6 debut albums on the list. I remember absolutely adoring Agnethas covers album and Deborahs broadway album and still play songs from them to this date. I thought the Killers were amazing and Somebody Told Me & All These Things I've Done were two of my top songs of the year. Scissor Sisters just seemed so crazy and in love with their music that it was contagious. Keane appealed to the piano player in me and William Young appealed to the gay in me ;) Your Game was my favourite song of 2004. But it was Maroon 5 that got me obsessed. I must have played that album a thousand times, the lyrics were so filthy and sensual in parts and Adam made a fine frontman. I really look forward to what a lot of these acts are doing next and hope to God they don't balls it up like Keane (I say this having only heard 2 songs from their sophomore set so i may change my mind!!)

Comments? (Coming soon - 2005!)

4 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Keane was my fave in 2004, by FAR.

    I should add that I like that Agnetah song Garfunkle wrote, "Sometimes When I'm Dreaming" - that was sort of like fanatsy comeback song for her. Teary, sentimenal ballad. Still has the voice after all these years. I wish she'd do more.
    xolondon said...
    sentimental I mean!
    Paul said...
    oh my gosh, that was my favourite track on her album. I still get chills listening to it, its so ME!
    Chrille said...
    Falgstok? You're hilirous. That means something really funny in Swedish.

    Great list though.

Post a Comment