Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

The Extra Venue

Up until today, I so thought the place to be for todays chart acts doing random covers was either Stripped or Radio One's Live Lounge. (click here to here Lily Allen cover the kooks. Now thats an mp3 i need!) But no longer, for The Extra Venue has launched on dotmusic.com...


First up is The Feeling!! How bloody marvy is that? Cos I like the feeling and all...

they have done a pretty decent cover of Muse's Time Is Running Out and you can't help but realise how great they must have been when they were a covers band in Switzerland. This fits in nicely when you are listening to Strange or the melancholy Kettles On from their great debut album.

Check out the extra venue website to see the video as well as acoustic performances of Sewn and the still amazing Fill My Little World...

MP3: Our Time Is Running Out (low quality)

2 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    The good news re Lily is that she sounded **terrific** on the show. She can sing live. I just LOVE her and want to be the friend she comes running to when she needs to have a long dinner and talk. She doesn't scare me at all! And how timely since I am officially obsessed with the Kooks...I suspect that MP3 will be out on the web in minutes!

    Meanwhile that is quite "dreamy" lighting for The Feeling! I need that kind of filter on me at all times.
    Paul said...
    yay and now i have the lily naive mp3. cheery matey! I really like this cover by the feeling and totally agree with you about the lighting! The older i get the more filters i need...

Post a Comment