Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Cast your mind back to 1997... i was, erm, younger than I am now. And really starting - thanks to my trip to summer camp back in 1996 - to discover the joys of live music. So that's how I discovered the brilliant but short lived band Symposium...


A friend of mine from university was somehow related distantly to one of the band and so we went to see them at this tiny little bar where they played six songs to a tiny crowd. I'm not sure what it was about that night, but it was a great gig and they gave it their all as if there were thousands of people out there. Plus the lyrics to one of the songs really resonated with me at the time and the band just strolled off stage after and started chatting to people. I told the singer I loved the lyrics to one day at a time ("i don't care what you say/fuck you and your stupid ways") and he said something like 'yeah mate, i can tell you've been fucked over by a bloke or two'!! Lovely. Great night though with my friend Louise who sadly I hardly see anymore...

I randomly came across two symposium songs today that happen to be two of my favourites. They are just great catchy guitar anthems that never got the exposure they deserved and certainly deserve a bigger audience than they ever got...

MP3: Symposium - one day at a time (right click)
MP3: Symposium - farewell to twilight (right click)

2 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    don't you love how when you go to a live show of some unknown band, you're always like, these guys could totally break out and be the next Big Thing, and I'll have seen them way back when!?

    Well, maybe that's just me. But I did see The Killers when they opened for Morrissey back in Spring 2004, a month before their album came out... and subsequently saw them 3 more times over the next year and a half and watched their audience grow!

    Not that this has anything to do with Symposium, mind you....
    Paul said...
    but i so totally know what you mean. Now smile like you mean it

Post a Comment