Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

After a couple of days of very long posts, I feel a little bit worn out so am going to post something a bit shorter, snappier and to the point today. Well I start out with good intentions that way but then I keep thinking 'oh I want to write about that' and it ends up enormous! As DazPants well knows…;) Got to spend a bit of time working on my piano playing skills too this weekend and putting in some Dazpants time too, but I'm sure I'll be swinging by to say howdy…

HOT LINKS:


Apparently The Feeling are big in Mumbai! Who knew? Well, the people who read this newspaper probably do… and of course they have another very lovely blog on their official website keeping us minions up to date with all their gossip. Ruthie! The tickets came today. They are grey and generic but that doesn't take away the excitement does it?? I so think they should release this fan fave as their Christmas single…


It is Killers weekend on channel four in England starting from late tonight. Probably something to do with their album coming out on Monday I should imagine (as you may be able to tell from the dodgy camera phone picture above!) You can catch the following events at the following times:

29/09 – 12.55am – Vegas themed film night on film four presented by B-Flo…
29/09 – 12.10am – Album Chart Show Killers Special (live tracks from new album)
30/09 – 11.35pm – Secret gig, live from Camden (not very secret now then)
01/10 – 12.05am – 4music presents…The Killers (more live album tracks)


I received Grey's Anatomy Season Two DVD boxset through the mail today (THANK YOU!!) which delighted me no end. I was awfully thrilled to see that rather intriguingly one of the bonus features is about "creating pink mist" which I'm pretty sure is the same as creating PinkieDust. Or maybe that's just me? Here's another corking song from the show to celebrate :)

MP3: KT Tunstall - Universe and U acoustic


Check out Not Your Hero if you are missing the musical stylings of Busted and Son Of Dork (Busted Mark 2). Not Your Hero somehow seem better. Their songs have an instant catchiness, a cohesiveness and energy about them that is addictive and a stream of pure pop running through them that just makes you want to listen again. Sadly, one member – Tim – passed away earlier this month from complications relating to an accident. I can only begin to imagine how hard it must be for his family and bandmates. He left a legacy of great, fun music behind that I hope the remaining members will carry forward in his memory…

MP3: Not Your Hero – Undone

I am slightly mortified to realise – thanks to Zeon's blog – that the anacronym for Zappin' It To Ya is ZITY! BOO to my lack of foresight!! In other surprising news, I totally thought Nick was British. He's not!

THE BOYS:

Its all about the boy bands lately, isn't it – take that are huge again, east 17 reformed but forgot to put any effort in, 5ive became 4our and then there are those lads on Upper Street, whose name clearly indicates a startling creative genius in their midst. It (and a comment by pinkie mist on chartrigger) got me thinking about other boybands from days of yonder. Here are 5 that I do miss a little bit…

MP3: Stampford Amp - Anything For You
MP3: Halo James - Could've Told You So
MP3: Waterfront - Cry
MP3: North - Glory of Love
MP3: OTT - Let Me In (mormon osmonds classic!)

Coming soon – fashion! The album reviews for tomorrows stars! The little mermaid by guest writer Pinkie! And maybe something about my new and burgeoning joy for St Etienne...Probably some other stuff that will push all that back!!! Have a good weekend!!!

9 Comments:

  1. Poster Girl said...
    I'm in boyband heaven! Which, for me, is pretty close to heaven :) I have a bunch of groups to go look up now, which is exciting!

    On a random note, I had never heard of Stampford Amp before, but when I heard that song, it sounded familiar--Lee Harding, a contestant on Australian Idol, released it as his second single (why I know that, I don't know--I'm not a close follower of his career)! Those Idol people--always stealing other people's songs ;) Did the original do well?
    Poster Girl said...
    P.S. I'd never really thought of the Feeling as "bratty" before

    I must be in a sappy mood or something, but I sort of love that North cover--did they release anything else? (I tried googling, but "North" isn't exactly the easiest name to look up :) ).
    Nick said...
    Hahahaha! Not British... but might as well be! I lived there this Spring (close-ish to Birmingham, actually... in the "glorious" town of Wolverhampton) and I loved it! (even with the living in Wolverhampton part)
    Paul said...
    Nick - it baffles me how you ended up in sunny Wolverhampton which is where i went to uni! Birmingham is so much better :)

    PPG - that is the only North song i have but i will do some investigating! When i finally upload it you may like the OTT song as well...
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Paul,

    Great blogging, i check your site daily. Glad to hear you're becoming a St. Et. fan, if you want any mp3s mail me!

    Cheers

    Stevenb472@aol.com
    Paul said...
    thats mighty nice of you steven - i will drop you an email in a few :)

    PPG - no Anything 4 U totally flopped over here but i seem to remember that they covered Kylie's can't get you out of my head and am desperately searching my collection for that...
    PinkieDust said...
    Yippie! Lovin' the fact that St Et are everywhere again!

    Oh, im currently in an internet cafe. My cumputer went "down down" and its been sent off back to the sweet factory. Its been completely wiped. Thus, PopeatsPop has been put on hold 4 now.

    As for Pinkie mist...its rather problematic. Every morning I'm drenched in pinkie mist. Its rather sticky actually.
    Paul said...
    how graphic of you Mr Dust! Sorry to hear of your computer woes :(
    Anonymous said...
    Hi,
    Just would like to drop a message as I was intruded here by searching OTT :)
    I love this song and really happy that I found it HERE! :)
    Thanks a lot for sharing a good song.

Post a Comment