Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

I'm posting earlier than usual today, because I fancy a night off from it but still have lots of stuff I want to get out there! Today focuses on my second favourite male solo singer and my third favourite female solo singer and some of their recent choices…hopefully all of you are doing good? I am very excited for Lost to return for a run of only six episodes tonight. Still I love a tease, as flatpack stomach DazPants will testify….

THE ONE WITH THE KISS ON THE MOUTH:

So, now Jamelia, Killers, Justin, Christina and the Scissters have all leaked and then formally released their albums into stores and online, I suppose the next "big" release is one Robert of Williams with his Rudebox1974. Now I have to concur that 1974 is a bonza year. As I was squeezing myself out of my mothers womb, all 11lbs of me (I wasn't always the svelte hottie standing before you today) was sprinkled with the fairydust of Abba's Waterloo topping the British charts and thus I was gay forever more. However, sadly for everyone, RB1974 is not that tale, but a collection of musical styles that Robbie wants people to know he likes (I thought he did that with Swing When You're Winning??). The first single Rudebox polarised fans – I'm a big fan and eventually only learned to tolerate it. Not one of Robsters finest moments, it has to be said. And perhaps that is why this album doesn't have the "event" feel that a Robbie Williams album usually has... even Intensive Care seemed a bit of a let down…


BUT! There is hope. I mean after all, the Pet Shop Boys have contributed to the album. There is controversial song The 90s to look forward to. And covers coming out of your ears. Bit of a casserole of an album really, but the new single Lovelight is a sleek gem of a track and cover of Stephen Duffy's Kiss Me is energetic and fun (though fans of the original may balk a little)… I doubt Robbie is down and out yet, but the glory days certainly seem to be behind him for the time being…

MP3: Robbie Williams - Rudebox (soul mekanik ext. vocal mix)
MP3: Robbie Williams - Lovelight
MP3: Robbie Williams - Kiss Me

THE ONE WHERE YOU ASK 'HOW HIGH?':

I bought Confessions On A Dancefloor like hundreds of other people did last November when I was in las vegas… other than Hung Up and Sorry, I thought the main stand out track was Jump and was most disappointed when Mrs Ritchie chose to release Get Together as the third single. Clearly her worst choice of single since What It Feels Like For A Girl was released instead of Amazing. Luckily the ex Mrs Penn has come to her senses and Jump is scheduled for release later this month. Or November. Or something. Clearly I am too lazy to do the research… and as a nice little bonus, Lady Madonna has graced us with a "new" b side which is probably a song left over from COAD. History (which i got thanks to OxygenChunks) won't go down in history (see what I did there XO) as the best Madonna b-side ever (that honour still remains with Supernatural), but it’s a pleasant – if a little preachy – enough slice of disco that will while away a few minutes or so while you wait to listen to something great like Beware Of The Dog…

MP3: Madonna - Jump (single edit)
MP3: Madonna - History

HOT LINKS:

- Sweet Blossom Russo! Most singletons are happy with a boozy night out down local "disco" in order to hook up with some random totty... Not Allan Wills who has launched his blog 'are you my wife' in order to find the woman of his dreams!! Check it out to see how far he'll travel and how far he's willing to go for lurve...

- When Zapping Loves Collide part two: First Killers and Mohair dry humped each other on stage last week; now there is a veritable orgy of Zapping faves melding together in a sweaty festive embrace. Yes! Not only does The Pipettes song Dirty Mind feature on this weeks Grey's Anatomy (ABC, Thurs at 9pm), but they are doing a proper Christmas Party at the Roundhouse on December 23rd. Trust me – if I can work out a way to be there, I will be. It will be Christmas cheer and 50s chic. Marv…(Xo – I noticed Imogen Heap is playing there on hallowe'en too!)

- That charming man known as Jeremy (who I posted about – and got good feedback about – here) has put some new photos on his myspace site. I'm reliably informed that he was not naked in them, but wearing very low rise jeans. Clearly the genius work of the photographer Paul Schnaars. Nice work if you can get it ;)



- Crikey! You can get just about anything for an iPod nowadays can't you? Denim giant Levi has built an iPod docking cradle, joystick and retractable headphones into its new RedWire DLX jeans. I love the way everything is stitched into the jeans and quite a natty pair of pantaloons they are too. They retail at about £100 more than your average pair of 501s, but if they sound and feel as good as they look who cares about the price!?


- More fashion! I thought I did that feature yesterday. Still its good to expand! I love the photo shoot The Ordinary Boys did in this weeks Sunday supplements… I think Preston has a really good handle on individual style and always manages to look quite interesting…

Coming tomorrow or soon: The reviews of pops brightest and newest hopes; some more about the History Boys; some little mermaid stuff (finally) and whatever else crosses my mind…(pics and links added later today)

6 Comments:

  1. E said...
    Flatpack stomach? You know we're all gonna want proof!
    xolondon said...
    Most everyone missed the flaming I got from crazy Madonna fans when I posted a LINK to other posts of History. There was a website that told reader to send me notes! I think you will be safe though!

    Are you a Preston fan? What was he like on that reality show?
    Poster Girl said...
    I didn't see the comments on your post, XO, but I did see you'd added a response to some comment--since you hadn't even posted the track, targeting you seems beyond bizarre...

    I think this is where my lack of musical knowledge helps me: I've never heard the original "Kiss Me," and I've never heard an original Robbie album (just the greatest hits, the singles from Intensive Care, and "Hot Fudge," which I am quite upset about being taken off the US version of Escapology because it's one of my favorite songs of his), so I have less to compare all this to. I like Robbie's version, though! If this has all been a bit disappointing, I may really have to check out his past albums.

    Who does that leave as your favorite male solo singer and two favorite female singers? Or do I have to stay tuned for future episodes to find out? ;)
    xolondon said...
    check my latest post, PosterGirl, which is a companion to Mr. Paul.
    D'luv said...
    Well, I have to say that the reason I'll take a mild interest in Robbie's new album is for the PSB tracks. And by mild interest, I mean hurry up and post them already, Don Pablo, so I can have them and be done with it :-)
    Paul said...
    Ella- he's very shy and demure. He may need some persuading...

    XO - ooo i didn't know that. I will probably end up tarred and feathered. Just like guy ritchie on a friday night. I LOVE Preston - was a fan long before Big B. Thought he was a very together bloke in extreme circumstances on that show...

    PG - no, no post planned on that - fave male singer is William of Young and 2nd fave female is Kylie. Deb Gibson still is fave singer ever though....

    D'Luv - you Killer loving whore you. If i get the PSB tracks they are yours...

Post a Comment