Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

I've got a lot I want to post about today, so I better get a move on! First of all, yesterday this site got over 100 hits - a new record!! I am super pleased that people are coming back to this page and any suggestions on how to improve it will be gratefully received...



Darren and I decided to go out last night - we live really close to all the gay bars in Birmingham so get to walk to them in the freezing cold which does nothing for your hair or your street cred (although true confession: I am about as street as the love child of David Sneddon and James Blunt :( ). WE decided to try a bar we hadn't been to before called The Village, which seems to attract, how do i put this politely, a slightly more mature crowd. As I am no longer in the flush of (electric) youth, I was quite happy to be the stud of the bar (after Darren of course. RRR) but did feel a bit uncomfortable when all the older men started undressing me with their eyeballs. And when did it become ok to squeeze past someone by rubbing their groin across your bottom followed by a lingering stroke of said posterior with their chubby finger??? Good Lord!! This ain't Bathhouse Bette you know!

So we decided to move onto Glamourous and had a boogie to the disco stylings of the DJ there and once again my bottom was fairly safe... which leads me to post a couple of mp3s. Not about having a safe bottom, but i love going to the bars and hearing random mash ups of songs which you would never really dream of putting together :) It fair makes my feet want to boogie...

mp3: Death Cab vs Madonna ~ Hung Up On Soul
mp3: Chic vs Franz Ferdinand ~ Freak Me Out

4 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    Panic on the streets of Birmingham.
    Paul said...
    It was Panic! At The Disco. I was violated! And not in the good way ;)
    xolondon said...
    I am obsessed with that Death Cab Madonna mash!
    Paul said...
    its so random isn't it?

Post a Comment