Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Remember when there wasn't any party like an S Club party? Aah those were the days my friend... we thought they would never end. But they did :( But not before S Club went to the musicals - and way before Jon Lee got all West End on our asses... Now I love the Lion King musical and saw it in London about 7 years ago... A few years back there was a Disney compilation cd where current pop acts recorded Disney tunes. S Club (although it is mainly Jon singing) did Can You Feel The Love Tonight and a quite lovely if straightforward interpretation it is too...

Bonus1! About 3 years ago I saw a vocal quartet singing Lion King songs outside the Lyceum theatre in London who were really really great. I recognised them instantly when they turned up on the X Factor, where of course they eventually came second. So I have included their version of Circle Of Life which I still love to this very day. I have such diverse (sometimes crappy) music tastes ;)

Bonus2! Jon toured with Faye Steps (reminder to all to check RSS & DSTP this weekend!) and Noel Hear'say in a musical called Love Shack. Gary Barlow wrote a track for that musical that Jon sang called Sometimes Always Never. I present it here for your listening pleasure...

S club - Can You Feel The Love (from the lion king)
G4 - Circle Of Life (from the lion king)
Jon Lee (S Club) _ Sometimes Always Never (from Love Shack)

2 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    I thought I was gay until I listened to these songs. Now I'm frantically digging out my Nirvana CDs to purge the evil.
    Paul said...
    Hope the evil is purged j'ason. The sugababes track should have done that for ya! Joshua - i will never look at Jon Lee the same way again now you have taken him down to the scary level of H from steps. I feel nauseous...

Post a Comment