Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

(Spank that) Love Monkey....


Teddy Geiger is John Mayer's worst nightmare. And i don't think Jason Mraz (bless him) will be sleeping too soundly either... A 17 year old *dreamboat* (ahem) with that kind of raspy soft voice that comes from saying sorry 98 times a day, his dew eyed soul could melt the heart of even the most alpha-est of girls - like Kirsten whatsername who stars in his new video for the lovely single For You I Will... He was also on CBS' quickly cancelled Love Monkey and starts a residency at Florida's Disney Contemporary Resort this very April. Nice :) And be sure to pick up his album Underage Thinking here!

MP3: Teddy Geiger: For You I Will

05/06...

I loved loved loved Jewel's last album 0304 which was somewhat of a departure from her Starbucks coffee house sound and embraced dance somewhat. Yes You Can and Stand were brilliant tracks and the whole album just exuded quality. So it was with some eagerness that i awaited ex mormon Jewel's new cd out in May of this year called Goodbye Alice In Wonderland. Apparently its her most *autobiographical* yet and lead off single Again and Again is a perky enough romp although not exactly groundbreaking stuff. Maybe there are some arse shaking remixes hanging around ready to knock me down with a feather??

MP3: Jewel - Again and Again

Memory Lane...

As i sit here typing crunching carrot sticks covered in low fat dip and wearing my Electric Youth Lives tshirt (and it does!), I would be remiss if I didn't add my favourite singer of all time to the sensitive singer song writer list. In Feb 2005, not only did I get to see Deborah Gibson play at a tiny little invite only venue, but I got to meet her and purchase her Memory Lane cd, which is a collection of unreleased demo's from over the years. The stand out one for me is presented below and is possibly one of the most pure and lovely songs i have ever heard. Why it was never formally released is beyond me. I can't listen to it just once - it has to go on repeat several times. Be sure to check out her albums here

MP3: Deborah Gibson ~ Until You're All Mine

Coming soon: the storys! the young knives! the faders?! and some other random stuff...

6 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    Ah, Deborah. You know, ever since I was in college, Kylie was always my fave diva. It was kind of cool, cuz she was such a guilty pleasure here since she only ever had one hit up to that time, and that was like 7 years prior. Then, she got big here again in '01, and everyone started liking her and... well, I still like her, too, so I don't know where I was going with that one.

    Anyway, I've had a promo of this Teddy Gieger dork's CD sitting on my desk for months, but just haven't brought myself to listen to it. Is it really all that? Maybe I'll take a listen.

    Also have Jewel's new one. It took a few spins to grow on me. Nothing will ever beat 0304 in my mind. I liked her as a slutted-up minx.
    Anonymous said...
    Love the Deborah rack...lucky with the invite only performance.
    Anonymous said...
    Love the Deborah rack...lucky with the invite only performance.
    Paul said...
    Deborah and Kylie are my two favourite singers. I had so much rare kylie stuff on my computer that i lost during the great computer crash of 2004. Its all on disc somewhere and i must get round to sorting it out. Showgirl is quite possibly the best concert I have ever been too.

    I liked Jewel way before she was a slutted up minx but i knew she always had that in her. I hope she doesn't go all prim and proper on us now. She needs to stay where the girls are naughty and always saying yes you can yes you can etc.
    D'luv said...
    Alas, I think after the sales figures of 0304 rolled in, Jewel witnessed her own becoming, and the skirt will be much lower on the broad this time around in an attempt to get back the coffeehouse crowd.
    Paul said...
    I thought america liked slutty minxes (paris, that chick from laguna beach, most girls i ever met at camp, etc)?? Ah phooey the women have had their turn! Bring on the slutty men!!

Post a Comment