Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

So the heavens opened up as Birminghams Gay Pride weekend kicked into gear right on my doorstep... you can always tell when its gay pride weekend as the the guys haircuts invariably get smarter and the clothes are so sharp that later you know some boozed up drag queen is going to self harm on them... of course conversely the lesbian tent is overflowing with buzzcuts and birkenstock sandals :) Here are some highlights of my weekend interspersed (love that word) with some random pics...


ruining a perfectly decent pair of ikon trainers/sneakers (more of a casual shoe really) in the mud pit that was Canon Hill Park

being given more free condoms and lube than the sluttiest of men would know what to do with...

seeing the main stage filled with reality music tv *stars* that show why they didn't make it in the first place. Yes Clea i'm talking about you!

seeing Nylon on the main stage and -maybe because of the alcopops- finding their single Losing a friend quite pretty actually (mp3)

trying to drink my can of red bull with no hands and ending up with it all dribbling down my chest... classy

having to wear a scarf out in MAY!!! because it was so freaking chilly

Having a bop to Raise the Roof which is the greatest getting ready to go out party song ever, even if the first few moments do sound like the Sex and The City theme (mp3)

Going on the worst fairground ride ever (it just spins you round in a bumpy style) and ending up bruised and battered all over...

Meeting my best friend Ruths lovely new lesbanian girlfriend Lou who really likes fishcakes - and then promptly disappeared with Ruth. Another lesbian metaphor if ever i heard one ;)

Discovering the brilliant new Loft Lounge opened just opposite our apartment block and finding that the bloke who part owns it insisting that he used to date my darren 17 years ago. Well who wouldn't? He is a stud and a half <3

Seeing one of the fairground stalls (throw the hoop over the bottle) saying "3 throws £1 or 1 throw for just £2" Aaah dyscalcia is so prevelant amongst todays carnies...

realising that as I get older all the gays get younger. While i was donning my scarf to prevent getting a chill, 100s of 17 year olds were putting on underwear and a crop top. My doom laden "it will happen to you" bitter warnings were meant with derision or shrieks of fear :(

having a drunk old tranny throw up right next to my feet as i plodded home. How vile....

7 Comments:

  1. Paul said...
    have just read through my diary and last years entry about gay pride was so much more entertaining than this one. This was the 2nd worst gay pride ever. May post about last years (one of the best ever) later if peeps interested?
    Anonymous said...
    I'd be interested Paul! Last year was more fun and I wish I still had that video of you dancing on stage! - altho this year did have it's highlights! I had to laugh (again!) at the memory of you and the can of red bull! This year was disappointing but I still had fun - thanks mainly to you and Darren! And of course Lou! :) Think of me in my tent tomorrow! xxx
    xolondon said...
    Was that Darren's big return to society events? :)

    Wet and cold ain't so hottt! Nobody can really wear their tiny lycra underpants and boots.
    D'luv said...
    Hmmm....Pride.... rain... doubley tragic.
    Paul said...
    it certainly was dazpants return to society and he is paying for it with a visit back to the doctors tomorrow :(

    my tiny lycra underpants stayed in the cupboard ;) But yes pride was tragic. i'll post last years at some point which was marvy
    xolondon said...
    do you generally lick all your friend's nipples, btw?
    Paul said...
    erm, no not generally and in my defence i had only just met her!

Post a Comment