Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

top ten albums of 2005

(I have taken out those that were in the 2004 chart although Maroon 5, Keane, Killers and Scissor Sisters all retained their glory for me throughout 2005...)

10 ~ Hard-Fi, Stars of CCTV
09 ~ Original Cast Recording, Wicked The Musical
08 ~ Charlotte Church, Tissues and Issues
07 ~ Jason Mraz, Mr. A-Z
06 ~ McFly, Wonderland
05 ~ William Young, Keep On
04 ~ The Magic Numbers, The Magic Numbers
03 ~ James Blunt, Back to Bedlam
02 ~ Bodies Without Organs, Prototype
01 ~ Deborah Gibson, Memory Lane



Six songs totally ruled my summer in 2005 - You're Beautiful, Tears and Rain (From JB), Forever Love, Love Me Like You Do (from TMN), Wordplay (JM) and Hard to Beat (HFi) and that lead to me playing their albums a lot in the summer sun. I have this whole theory which i will write one day about why Kelly Clarkson should have recorded Charlotte Church's album, but regardless of who sang it, I really enjoyed it... those Mcfly scamps could do no wrong in my eyes and BWO filled the hole left by Steps departure in my heart for just sheer enjoyable pop music. Switch It On by William was my fave song of the year and his album was slow burning joy... But it was Lady Gibsons collection of previously unreleased tracks that kept me singing away throughout the year. No one writes a ballad like the Deb :)

8 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    Eeek... you're right... if you take out Keane, The Killers, Green Day, Gwen Stefani, etc., etc., there really weren't that many great albums that came out in 2005... some good ones, but not great... I like the Sugababes one, though...
    xolondon said...
    These were mine for 2005: (the first 4 were in a tie for #1... i'm like a dog to get ya)

    Madonna, Rachel Stevens, Imogen Heap, Goldfrapp, Patrick Wolf, Josh Rouse, Sufjan Stevens, Kate Bush,
    Mozez and Girls Aloud.

    Looking back, Kate and Mozez could be switched out for Depeche Mode, Kubb or Mariah Scarey
    D'luv said...
    Drunkenly, I thought I saw the word "kitten" in this post, which reminded me of the fact that I'm drunk. And that Tazz ;Shazz is the only kitten. Plus the two kittnz I posted on mine earlier today. So meow on.
    Paul said...
    Madonna, Rachel and Girls Aloud could have very well made my list if i wasn't so obsessed with tunes that i could play on the piano last year! those three albums did play a lot over the holiday party period and i think Whole Lotta History is gorgeous and I said never again just genius... I have been into madonnas album and girls aloud a lot more this year than i was last year....
    xolondon said...
    I was thinking about doing a post on the songs from 2005 that I can't stop playing: Ace Reject, Whole Lotta History, I Will Be There.
    Paul said...
    you should so do it :) Peer pressure peer pressue ;)
    Anonymous said...
    so how does one send an email to ya paul, i have a kick-ass remix of shock your mamma for ya?
    mark
    Anonymous said...
    oh yeah, crazieynsf@yahoo.com

Post a Comment