Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

All hail the captain...

Somehow this band had escaped my attention but suddenly they were all over the music press this week so i thought I would check them out...



There are people in the world who will tell you Captain are wimpy powder puff schmindie types and not worth a second of your time. These people are clearly idiots... Captain, you see, peddle pop that recalls the gloriously melodic heydays of Prefab Sprout and could easily reduce the hardest of hearts to puddles of mush with the mere flutter of single Glorious' chorus. They are like a consistently ace Aussie indie rock troupe The Go-Betweens if a major label had thrown loads of money at them. Glorious, by right, should be number one forever. If the lead singer would only take of his rubbish Orson hat, i'd henna his name on my heart forever. Or until it washed off...

MP3: Captain - Glorious (rightclick)

5 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    They don't exactly recall Prefab to me, BUT they do have a female voice, atmosphere and melodies, so that's good enough for me. (I am a Prefab obsessive you see)
    Paul said...
    aah see i just think "who does that remind me of" and thought of hot dogs and the crazy jumping frogs in alberquerque or however you spell it!
    xolondon said...
    There's a bit of Deacon Blue too! I need to do a post on Raintown b/c it is a brilliant CD and DB are much maligned.
    xolondon said...
    There's a bit of Deacon Blue too! I need to do a post on Raintown b/c it is a brilliant CD and DB are much maligned.
    Paul said...
    i was thinking today about how i wanted to do a post about Dignity because i just adore that song so very very much...

Post a Comment