Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

do chemicals react?

While i was listening to the strangely ok actually new song from Hussica Simpson (You Spin Me Round - not exactly a cover, more of a "tribute!"), i dug out some songs that a friend had emailed me a week or so ago and have started popping up on link blogs all over the place now so i thought i would get my two penneth in... (ps - if you want to check out the Jessica song, go here, here or here. Don't be confused dear readers - these are three separate blogs they just cover lots of the same music. Of course we like Henry best ;0 )



Aly and Aj are two little broads I avoided for a while because I thought they were those two weird ethnic cleansing girls that featured in a few magazines recently. I'm not even going to mention their names cos obviously they deserve NO publicity. But Aly and AJ are two puggle loving, kidnap hating, jesus worshipping, tweenage riot predicting little minxes in the making and based on this song (the best song Hilary Duff never recorded) I may be tempted to at least listen to a bit of their cd...

MP3: Chemicals React

Abi Ryan has the cheapest looking webpage (after this one) but that doesn't mean the quality of her music is subpar. This is potentially going to be a great single - its a little bit electro (which apparently we are not over yet), a little bit seductive, a little bit funky and a lot catchy. I suspect, that much like goddess Stevens "I Said Never Again", its about the joys of bottom loving. She likes it rough and from the back. Don't we all love...

MP3: You Know I Like That



Finally, Stefy are apparently in that new Mr Nadine Coyle movie John Tucker Must Die and hopefully this will boost their profile... they have influences of No Doubt, goldfrapp and yes even rachel stevens who so needs to do a third album already. This song might even make me like girls called Chelsea and we all know they are complete bitches. Unless you are called Chelsea or know someone and then they are the most absolutely lovely exception to that rule. Eek!

MP3: Chelsea

Coming over the weekend!

  • Debates (javine vs jamelia, captain vs duels, paolo vs james morrison)!
  • The return of Joel Edwards (bonus points if you know who that is...)
  • and probably some more stuff I ain't thought of yet...

6 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Joel Edwards either sang or wrote one of my absolute favorite pop songs of all time..and yes, Paul, the sun will always shine on you.

    And before you even begin, I pick Javine for the battle and Jamelia for the war, Captain and Paolo. No doubt about it!

    I once mistook Stefy for Rachel Stevens!
    Anonymous said...
    Can I just say, that you are completely right about Ali and Aj... their album is pretty listenable, including their cover of 'Walking On Sunshine'.

    And I have to say, that I have never heard of Stefy - but as they seem to take their inspiration from Goldrapp et al - if I don't like this, I'll eat my hat. Except I don't wear a hat... but you get the point.

    Now - to listen to it!
    Paul said...
    xo - i agree with two of your choices :) the disagreement will be revealed tomorrow... :)

    and good call on Joel Edwards - i think he did both, but good cryptic reference! He's going solo...

    samuel - good to see you as always sir. Listened to some more aly and aj and unashamedly love them!
    DanProject76 said...
    Stefy is totally derivative, unoriginal and too similar to 'Sweet Dreams(Are Made Of This) to truly be any good. Bah!

    Jamelia? Love her song.
    Poster Girl said...
    "Chelsea" might be derivative, but it's at least derivative of an era whose music you don't hear much of anymore. There's nothing I can think of like it on the US charts (though I'm probably forgetting something obvious, and I'll be surprised if "Chelsea" charts or charts highly); maybe it's just because I'll take what I can get (and because I've somehow only heard a few Goldfrapp songs), but I like it (will it have lasting value for years? More questionable). Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, the song was barely in the movie (yes, I confess to seeing "John Tucker Must Die"); I only noticed it because I was listening for it. However, "Maneater" and "Just the Girl" did have notable appearances :)
    Paul said...
    i totally was going to write how chelsea was a "tribute" to sweet dreams are made of this but then i forgot. thanks for reminding me dan!

    ooojust the girl is in JTMD?? that movie just got promoted to might see...

Post a Comment