Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

slow news day...

got a lot to get through today so i'd better get this party started (that is sooo 2001...)

Big Brother:


I kinda gave up on my Big Brother blog that was scheduled to run all summer. To be honest it took far too much time... but that doesn't mean I haven't avidly been watching the show. It's become a bit of a summer institution in England and I think what the producers need to realise is that fans tend to take the show really seriously. Which is why there is an outcry over 4 evicted housemates being voted back into the house - apparently people feel aggrieved that they have spent their hard earned money voting these people out only for them to be back in and have a chance at winning! Fair enough i suppose, if they had a chance at winning they wouldn't have been voted out in the first place. The real crime however, is that BB7 has run at least 3 weeks too long, been subject to unsuccessful twists (house next door, golden housemate) and had far too many people in it (20!!!) - of whom at least 7 were sinfully boring. I'll still be watching next year though :)

Brokeback Holby:
Mes tres bon ami Cat (le chat?) informed me last night that Holby city has gone all brokeback mountain on our asses with an asian guy in an arranged marriage preferring some bottom love instead. Son Of A Witch (the sequel to my fave book ever Wicked) also had some Brokeback loving in it when the witch's son Liir puts the moves on a strapping soldier boy. Well, i'll be!

Maria vs The new shayne:
There is a little gem of a programme on BBC1 on a saturday night called How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria. basically its American idol for a musical as Andrew Lloyd Webber searches for a Maria for The Sound Of Music which opens in London sometime in November...(apparently america is going to do something similar for Grease) the live finals start this coming Sat but only one week after at the same time on ITV the X Factor returns for a third run at providing someone with two top ten singles... choices choices... (we love Leanne the best!)

Les Musiasons Dangereux


Give Me Danger is the bostin' new single from those funky lads Dangerous Muse. It sort of feels like they already international superstars, but alack, that day has yet to come. This pulsating little number puts them one step closer and I can't help but feel they are channelling the McDreamy/McSteamy/Addison (McSlutty??) situation from the thought it would be rubbish but is brilliant actually Grey's Anatomy. but i digress.. the new DM single is tremend!

Blame chartrigger :)
If it wasn't for J'Ason over at chartrigger, i would never have heard of those pussycat dolls in training The Young Divas. They covered a classic Donna Summer song called This Time I Know Its For Real and now are hawking It's Raining Men round the radio. Really, whats the point when Geri released the seminal version of this classic back in 2001... and who's next? New New kids on the block? Tiffany2K? still, here's the song anyhoo...

MP3: It's Raining Men

She's not your superwoman:
Kimberley Locke actually has some stuff going for her and some stuff against her in promoting her new single. for of course is the fact that she is my fave american idol contestant ever (I always get this feeling like its my duty to like Kelly Clarkson rather than embracing her) and has the best single Deborah Gibson never wrote 8th World Wonder. But against is the fact that the song title - Supawoman - is spelt incorrectly and will always remind me of lovely Karyn White and how she tried to get breakfast on the table and tried to make it home just for you. Plus the beginning sounds a little bit like Destiny's Child Survivor... so the jusry is out on this one for now...

MP3: Supawoman

QUICK BITZ:
kylie, killers and scissters all at Glastonbury 07?? I am sooo there...
i happen to like the new Justin album cover :)
iTunes is so Feeling the Killers right now...

9 Comments:

  1. DanProject76 said...
    DM? I used to play 'The Rejection' in the shop I used to work in. I know I shouldn't but it kept me working fast and hard. Er...
    Paul said...
    good for you :) you just want to dance....
    D'luv said...
    You have yet to comment on the nekkid picture of Mike Furey from DM that I sent...!
    D'luv said...
    Poster Girl said...
    I saw a commercial for "You're The One That We Want" tonight (Grease!)--with that and the singing duets show, I might have enough reality TV to replace "So You Think You Can Dance" (the final dance tonight was to "SexyBack" and had a high fashion theme--loved it!) and hold me over until "American Idol" comes back (hopefully it will be more interesting than last year).
    xolondon said...
    I think J'ason sent that piccie to everyone. Two-timing ho! I had already seen the actual huge magazine version.
    xolondon said...
    PS: Gwyn Paltrow ain't lookin' so hot in that Big Bro pic up there!
    Paul said...
    J'Ason - you know you are going to make my mother blush with that picture. Then she will print it off and wallpaper the house with it!

    ooo - i want to see the high fashion finale to sexyback - i just can't get enough of that song right now :)

    big brother is working my last nerve right now. I can't wait til tonight's show ;)
    Anonymous said...
    do uu hav kimberley locke - supawoman lyric? ive been searchin for it ages..love the song so much..

Post a Comment