Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Awww, first of all I must say thanks for all the emails i got asking if my stomach complaint was ok - yes, it's not pleasant, but i'm not completely bedridden or anything :) I may venture out this evening for the opening of my good friend Paul's salon Precision (that is to say, official opening - it's been open for a few weeks). It is being catered by butlers in the buff so I shall be sure to take my camera and post some pics later ;) It should be a fun evening as Bernice and Kirsty are coming out too... Plus all week, I've been trying to make a decision about what to do in the future re: work/life/location. Think have finally made up my mind, but will let y'all know tomorrow (ooo i can see you all chomping at the bit)...

.
THE ONE WHERE FASHION GETS OFF WITH MUSIC:
.
Sigh. What's not to love about music. Well other than people like Chico having number ones. And of course, what's not to love about fashion? Apart from when people have no clue of what looks good on them. But put the best of both together and it makes for a winning combination. To guide you through what is in my fall wardrobe collection, I have picked two style icons from two of my very favourite bands ~ Dan Gillespie Sells from The Feeling and Adam Levine from Maroon 5 (below with JT)...
.
Now i absolutely adore Maroon 5 and feel i should have written more about them. They rank higher than The Killers and Scissor Sisters in my fave band list. And i'm sure i will be typing furiously when they release their sophomore set in the coming months. But ever since I saw Adam singing This Love (a song he claims he can now sing in his sleep, bound and gagged, which the kinky side of me would quite like to see in private please ;) ) dressed in a black tee with that yellow bandanna round his wrist, I knew he had style as well as the voice. I think he is incredibly particular about style too, as I once read that he refused to be seen in a jacket because Kanye West had worn it first. In the pic below, the coat, shirt and tie combo is a dead cert for sophisticated style...
.
.
Dan Gillespie Sells from The Feeling has an incredibly suave and sophisticated look that matches the polish of his band's tunes. His signature style happens to be spot on for this season's mod revival. Try it with a knitted tank, pattern print shirt and rock and roll sweat bands and you will look just spiffing...
.
.
OTHER FASHION TIPS:
.
Now that it's autumn/winter, you may have to tone down those summery colours. As you will see below, brown is a good option, but so are subtle stripes in black, white, navy and grey. Choose them running across crew necks and scarves and trimming cardigans & zip up jackets and this will breathe new life into monochromatic outfits. And why not make your weekend a little classier by choosing a washed and worn shit with pale blue stripes. Two buttons undone - it is your day off...
.
When I first met my little DazProjectRunway, he favoured a wardrobe full of autumnal greens and browns. Luckily, I introduced him to the whole spectrum of colours out there but kept some of his funkier autumnal tops, which is really lucky because brown is finally getting the respect it deserves. You could even say it's the new black, though that would be tired and boring ;) Unstructured, jackets, diamond print tops, bags and scarfs in rich shades ranging from rich chocolate to sand mix as nicely with white, grey and denim as that other colour....And no that isn't DazP in the pic above, see quick bitz for who it is...
.
God, remember when everyone thought The Bravery were the second coming? All tight jeans and eye liner, but then actually they were a little bit rubbish? Mercifully, Sam Endicott is now embracing this season's preppy college boy look with gusto and has wiped all that muck of his face, toned his hair down and picked a nice pringles sweater that should hopefully see him ascending to the top of the class with an album that isn't mostly poo...
.
.
THE MUSIC LINKS:
.
.
QUICK BITZ:
.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA
~ Yes indeed it is Ruthiepoos sisters birthday this very day. Hurrah! It's all very exciting, no? Sadly due to my poorly tummy, I will not be in Liverpool this weekend and thus will not only miss the festivities out on the streets of Liverpool (where strangely straight Richard can name every single gay bar ;) but i will miss hooking up with the V gang too - so leave me some comments folks and i'll catch you at my Christmas party on Dec 9th...
.
~ Popjustice cd is out this week, and not only does it have the demo of Girls Aloud seminal track Love Machine on it, but a distinctively Sophie Ellis Bextor track that is also a musical step forward for her. And yes that is Peter Robinson in the brown argyle tank in the fashion section. Check out Sophie's mp3 here...
.
Good lord, lots of my fave acts are touring again next year! The Feeling are doing yet another tour (this time with Brand New are heading back this way the very same month (more on Brand New at a later date...)
.
~ Be my 307th myspace friend and win a prize! I'm not sure what yet, but when you request to add me, send a message or comment to me asking - am i your 307th?? Prize will be something zappingly pop!
.
~ Rob(o)pop is back - and with a uniformly excellent post. HurRAR! (copyright PD)
.
Coming soon: an interview with rising star Emo D; 7 in 2007 update; My top 20 boybands of all time! My top 20 girl bands of all time! My top 20 pop groups of all time! My top ten female singers! Idina Menzel! Books! The popstars that charts forgot; Lois and Clark; Pink does Indigo;and cos reader Rose pointed out to me that there is a new Dark Crystal movie coming out, something on that and whatever else comes up in the meantime...
.
Disclaimer: This site is dedicated to getting quality pop music back into the charts. Any songs posted here are to encourage people to go out and buy the music from an online source or high street store. That's what the links are there for. If any artist or management want a link removed, please email me and i will do it straight away. We love the guys featured here and want them to succeed!

11 Comments:

  1. PinkieDust said...
    Pink does Indigo? What?

    I have absolutely no fashion sense. In my closet is Nike, Reebok and Fila. I hang my head in shame.

    Still, I've updated me blog twice(no less!) and i loved the new epi of Catherine Tate. Way better than series2.
    Paul said...
    Pink does Indigo - you'll see....

    i think fashion is often a personal thing - its about finding out what looks good on you personally and what you feel comfortable in...

    the catherine tate show was aces - loved the proud mom of gay son clips :) Most amusing...
    PinkieDust said...
    One will wait and see.

    I've come down with a cold AGAIN!

    As 4 fashion. I could so do the dapper Italia suit thing that my brother does. But its too much proooooooooooning and preening. True, its smart but its too much sitting infront of a mirror for my liking.

    thanks for ya comments on the blog. I too was flabbadabbagasted regarding simply the best/Bonneh/don'tturnaround.
    Paul said...
    i don't think Pink does Indigo will be quite what you are imagining ;) And I told you to wrap up after getting caught in the rain. Oh Mr Dust - i will send you some lemsip and chicken broth...

    as i said fashion is as much what you are comfortable in and look good in - eg i don't look good in, well i can't think of anything but you get my drift ;)
    D'luv said...
    Oh, Pablo, not to make you feel even worse, but last night my wonderful publicist friend in New York went to dinner with The Feeling. She's great pals with their publicist at the label. Then she went to see them perform, and she called me and said they're her new favorite band.

    On a fashion note, to go along with this post, we (my job) threw a big party at the W Hotel last night, and I rocked the pink Perry Ellis shirt with French cuffs, a brown Gap blazer, Kassil jeans and black low-rise Skechers boots with zips up the side.
    Paul said...
    noooooooooooo (re the feeling! Still my time and Dan Gillespie Sells will come. TMI again?)

    and i am certainly impressed with your choice of outfit. Any photos??
    D'luv said...
    There are, but will have to wait to get 'em back from the photographer we hired.
    Poster Girl said...
    Argh...power keeps flickering on and off here--I've tried to write something multiple times to no avail...of course, I don't really have anything witty to say :)

    Do you know when the new Maroon 5 album comes out? I know I heard a date once, but I don't know if that's changed--I thought it was some time in November, but shouldn't there be more buzz about it by now if it was still due to come out then?

    So that's Peter Robinson, huh? It's sort of bizarre to think of him as a real person. Love the second picture of Dan Gillespie Sells, though!
    Samuel said...
    To echo the words of 'poster girl' - is that Peter Robinson? Amazing! I mean, there are those pictures in NME, and yet, you don't really see who he is.

    I guess it is something I like: to see who I am reading. Of course, I know this only goes one way - so never, would I ever put a picture on The Files.

    Oh, and what else - the Popjustice CD = best mix CD ever!
    Paul said...
    yes everyone that is Peter Robinson posing for AXM magazine this month. Not my cup of tea but i'm sure he's a perfectly pleasant fellow and i do like his top :)

    i suspect the maroon 5 cd will be new year now, though sooner would be marvelous!
    xolondon said...
    Somebody once implied Peter Robinson was really old, but it may have been because the PJ forum has 14 yr olds posting! Don't look old ta me! He's quite smart and I think he is responsible for the best of what PJ is - it's the TWAT posters that muck it up. :)

Post a Comment