Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

you give me fever...

Although that is clearly not me this year (Benidorm 2004 - ooo classy), it pretty much reflects how i've been feeling from the end of 2006 through to the beginning days of 2007. Not the most auspicious new year start for me and my shadow (and by shadow I do of course mean blog, but shadow just sounded more poetic doesn't it?) and I had such big plans for it too - regular features on the same day each week, more interactive voting, etc. All of which is still coming just not this week. Boo! Stupid poisoned by wrong amounts of drugs situation :) Oh well. Can't be helped. Luckily the drugs the stern looking doctor with the cereal stain on his tie gave me have really helped so I am not busy throwing up my stomach lining anymore (bonus!). Instead I am just absolutely physically shattered, tired, wrung out, hexhausted :( So I will be back maybe the weekend, but definitely Monday with all the normal stuff, but there will be lots of little bits in between then. So in the meantime, here is some of the stuff I have noticed over the holiday period when not dying ;)

  • all the best christmas tv was on bbc1 - vicar of dibley, last robin hood, Dr Who & The Runaway Bride. Except Harry Hill's TV Burp and Dead Clever. Which were on ITV. Oh.
  • since being ill, my friends have "kindly" all stopped emailing or myspace messaging. Charming!
  • reading electroqueer's post today reminded me of this funny-now-devastating-at-the-time little story about when I had cancer ~ the nurse came in to change my chemo drip and went "oooo Dusty Springfield's dead - she had cancer too you know" What a little Florence Nightingale...
  • darren can be quite a nice "caregiver"
  • even though i accidentally dyed his new aussie bums by washing them wrong :(
  • when i called my mom to tell her i was tres malade, she kindly confided in me that her and my father "had nookie" that very morning...
  • darren had to give some information to an "official" today and they asked what his living status was - when he said civil partnership, the next question was "how long have you been with your common-law wife?!"
  • still it was better than when the doctor asked me on Monday if i had "travelled" recently and I said once last night and once this morning. To which he then said "i meant abroad". Oh :O How literal. I'm used to brilliant euphemisms for bowel movements...
  • i'm a common-law wife...
now be gone with you all and keep me entertained :)

6 Comments:

  1. D'luv said...
    Why is it people never write when you command them to?

    Anyway, hope you get better soon.
    DanProject76 said...
    I have yet to use my new(ish) status in an official way. I look forward to being able to publicise my common law wife status like you.
    Anonymous said...
    So sorry to hear you are still feeling rough. I hope you have been curled up on your sofa watching the debacle that is Celebrity Big Brother. It may be the tonic you need!!

    I hope you and your blog are back to full strength soon!
    xolondon said...
    Paulie Z, the pic above, if cropped correctly, would make a FAB banner for your blog. Send me a large copy and I will show yeee!
    Anonymous said...
    Paul - Awwww kitten...get well soon! Take care of yourself and make sure you milk Darren for as much caregiving as possible!! hehehe! Electroqueer.
    Paul said...
    aw thank you everyone. D'luv2luvubaby - i was busy mentally commanding like crazy and no one wrote. my tears were real ;)
    DanP76 - being a common law wife is fun. you get to live above the brush and bleach your hair blonde and wear gold hoop earrings...
    Leon - i'm going to attempt a small blog tomorrow :)
    XO - oooooo. Done!
    EQ - LOL!!!

Post a Comment