Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

You know what? Its a rather lovely Monday, its only five days til i legally get hitched to the foxiest spunk bucket i know, the sun is smiling, i may have had a prozac for breakfast and i'm in an awfully good and sunny mood. So lets talk about what music is making me smile today...



The debut album by The Feeling is out today. Officially. I may have already heard it and totally loved it and still do. I am hoping it enters higher than the poor Upper Room who only made number 50 - the only thing today that bought a frown to my face :( Boo England Boo! Still that doesn't mean you can't go and buy The Feeling album here :) Ta geezers....


Two songs came on a mix cd today in the car that totally sum up my feelings to the lovely Darren... God Only Knows (sung by Mandy Moore) and I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. The refrain of the former sung over and over again "God Only Knows where i'd be without you" totally grips me everytime i look at my little dazpanteloons and as an added bonus it is of course the track that finishes off my favourite movie of all time ~ Love Actually (which is not only fabulous but introduced me to Maroon 5. Fact!) The latter by Jase is a gently strumming number that tells us all "its our godforsaken right to be loved" and the great line "i tried to be chilled but you're so hot that i;m melting". Even after six years together, i cannot wait to get home to tell Daz about my day. Saturday can't come quick enough...

MP3: Mandy Moore - God Only Knows
MP3: Jason Mraz - I'm Yours



Well ok folks, there may not be a lot of internet love out there among the blogging community for Lily Allen, who reminds me a little bit of Lolly who "was famous" a few years ago with her remake of "classic" Hey Mickey. Time will tell if she is a one hit wonder or not (PJ thinks the album is great!) but i had the windows down and LDN came on the cd with the bonkers brilliant/rubbish lyrics "There was a little old lady who was walking down the road she was struggling with bags from tesco/there were people from the city having lunch in the park i believe its called al fresco" and the chorus refrain of "sun is in the sky oh why oh why would i want to be anywhere else" just blended seamlessly with my sunny mood today! Ruthiepoos - you will adore this!

MP3: Lily Allen - LDN


And of course now that Nerina Pallot is the new anti-imperialist KT Tunstall, its time for Sandi Thom to step up to the plate... now she is another one who is disliked by blogger and blogger commenters who even wish her pie based bodily harm! But screw you all bitches (in a nice way of course) cos I actually like her too :) I admire her guerilla tactics and the foot stomping acapella I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker... was just the song to replace Crazy at the top of the charts. Her debut cd which i listened to today is built to be the sweet heart of the american coffee table: the voice of Christina Aguilera and an iPod full of Joni Mitchell. Some of the cd ain't great, but its forgiven when you hear the blue sky chorus of Little Remedy and barrelling anthem What If I'm Right. Glorious!

MP3: Little Remedy
MP3: What If I'm Right

Plus got to listen to the new Xtuna (copyright XO) single today - ain't no other man. Its kinda retro and fresh all at the same time, and it took me a little while to get Dirrty ~ which i then loved ~ and i got a feeling this ones a grower. But the new Annie single Crush? I can't understand the internet ejaculation over her. Even chewing gum was only ok...

PLUS! I received High School Musical on dvd in the mail today! Major hugs!

8 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Tears practically shot from my eyes when I read the "Daz" part of this post and I don't even know you two in real daily life!! But I am an Optimistic Person Who Believes In The Magical Feelings Of Love, so what can I do but celebrate you two...

    Six years is real love. Real. Love. (put on some long boots and a yellow boa and march down a runway a la Jody Watley).

    As I am typing this Kylie's "Hand on Your Heart" came on. How eeeeeerie!
    DanProject76 said...
    Hello from via Xolondon's blog.

    Congrats on the wedding this coming weekend. Me and my lovely man , also of six years, have ours two weeks after yours. Madness!
    Anonymous said...
    Hello Davey

    Looking forward to Sat too and cant wait,it will be FANTASTIC!!!!!
    Anonymous said...
    hi paul..i have looked all over this site for a way to email ya, but i couldnt find anything, anyhoo..thought you might like this

    http://rapidshare.de/files/21914216/Shock_Your_Mama__Luin_s_Done_Went_And_Shocked_Ya_Mama_Mix_.mp3.html

    enjoy!!!
    Paul said...
    well aren't you all just a bunch of lovely people - xo, thanks for your comment just lovely :) Dan - good luck on your big day - loving the Oods on your website! Darren - you cheeky little scamp, i will not reveal to anyone why you call me davey ;) Mysterious mark - you can always email me at thezapping@hotmail.co.uk and thanks for the track - i love it!

    shit! My contact lens just dropped on the keyboard,,,
    D'luv said...
    Aw, have a great Saturday, guys! And hugs right back at ya!
    D'luv said...
    P.S.... the new Annie blowz.... sooooo 2003.
    Paul said...
    the old Annie wasn't exactly earth shattering although pleasant enough i guess...

Post a Comment