Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

throw me a pity party :(

hello dudes! I'm ill :( I have the crippling stomach cramps that make me weep with sympathy for all the women having braxton hicks contractions. Or something. So instead of the brilliant post i was going to do about how since lily allen had achieved nationwide adulation there seemed to be a whole slew of gobby chav girls releasing songs, i am just gonna do some hot links and you will just have to cope with the two mp3s i was gonna post to go with my lily allen post :(

MP3: Molly McQueen - Maybe Later (and check out this link for more on her vid!)
MP3: Lady Sovereign - Love Me Or Hate Me

HOT LINKS:


Dangerous Muse have posted their new single Give Me Danger on their myspace site. It's not a million miles away from Rejection, but i really like it... (more news at XO who beat me to it and got a much cooler pic!)



Nelly Furtado has done her stripped session which included Promiscuous Girl, Maneater and I'm Like A Bird all acoustic sty-lee. I'm a little disappointed that she did Crazy again as her cover, but you can check out the audio and video of it here...

If you can bear to look there are two new Jessica Simpson tracks at New Music Now... i wish i could share their enthusiasm about it being a great album, but i can't. Mainly cos i'm disappointed that the one track The Lover in Me wasn't a sheena easton cover :(

Now The Raconteurs have covered Gnarls Barkley's Crazy?? Give it a rest people!!

Looking for Sinitta rarities? You know you are!! Check out the new blog Cheesy Pop. It's a celebration of all things Peg Bundy?!*!

Maroon 5 have a book out? You know they are my fave new act of 2004...why did no one tell me ;)

10 Comments:

  1. xolondon said...
    Is this Adam Levine book (letsbereal) one in which he documents his groupie flings with women of all ages? The man lives in the Chateau Marmont, so you just know there are stories everywhere...

    And I'd like to say that it appears Ms. Nelly Fritata is channeling her some Loretta Lynne sty-lee(!) in that photo!
    Anonymous said...
    Sorry you're poorly! Hope you are feeling better very soon! (def in time for my birthday night out on Fri!!) ;) Only joking (kind of!) I am sending many sympathy vibes your way and being the sympathetic and not at all self centred friend that I am ;)
    hugs
    xxx
    Paul said...
    ruthless! am sure will be recovered by your birthday - if not i will just bring some toilet seat covers out with me. Ew.

    xo - oh you just made me want nelly furtado to cover Harper Valley PTA. Genius

    Samuel@Hf - i was gonna be nice about lily today and say how she opened the gate for other gobby chav female singers. i love her album so much...
    DanProject76 said...
    Yay! Dangerous Muse have been getting the publicity recently!

    Nice pic too, heh.
    E said...
    This WILL cheer you up! Danish gay boys at their best!

    http://www.tomboy.dk/ It also includes the Infernal spunk Paw!
    Poster Girl said...
    Speaking of Maroon 5, did you know their new album comes November 14? Probably. How did I not know this until today?! All these international artists are spreading my attention so thin I can't keep track of the home-grown ones.
    Anonymous said...
    Oooh, good to hear you like Lily. I don't know what it is about her album - but, just, wow!

    And that song 'Nan You're A Window Shopper' is one you should listen too. Oh what? This isn't about Lily Allen.

    PS: Hope you get better soon from The Hotstuff Files, or er... well, just me! Thats all there is.
    Paul said...
    ella - the fact that you used the word spunk in your comment cheered me up :) there is not enough paw in the infernal vids they always focus on that ella wannabe woman ;)

    dan - i am itching for dangerous muse to come over here. i nearly wrote jessica fletcher! your pic confused me!

    ppg - i DID know that maroon 5 have an album scheduled for nov 14th and v excited about it i am too...

    samuel - i don't understand how people can't love lily allen. i do have nan you're a window shopper - i didn't realise it was a 50 cent piss take :)
    Anonymous said...
    You should be resting!!!!!!!
    Paul said...
    busted :) I am now!

Post a Comment